Frequency of camping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often do you camp in a typical year?

• 1-3

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 7-9

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 10-12

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 13+

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Camper054

My experience has been couple of times a year - say 3 to 4, but with tents.  Now that I am transitioning from tenting to pop(ing) up camping :), I want to do more.  But reality maybe different :(.  I understand someone who is retired or have extra time can potentially camp more often than others but hopefully this will give me some idea how often you folks are camping :).

I also understand one year you may be able to do 4 and another year either more or less.  Just pick a number that you think would best represent number of times you camped on a typical year.

Lastly, also the number of days can vary widely - it can be from 2 days to 5 or more, and folks who are out for more days may do less camping. So, it is what it is :).

Thanks all!
MC

I don't know how to answer the question. I hung up the keys 7 years ago so it should be 0 days. However I have parked it permanently in an RV and I live in it full time. So I guess I could say 365 days. Take your pick.

We used to tent camp 6 weekends a year. When we got the pop-up, we extended those trips and would do 6 5 or 6 night trips instead. I've also used our pop up for more extensive trips, weeks at a time going down the east coast a couple times. So that counts as one trip, but it would be 3 weeks long. Now we have a TT that we go to every other weekend.

I answered 7-9 as the number of RV trips I took in the last 12 months, which is a little lower than the preceding 2 years, and a lot shorter on total days with the longest trip in the last year being about 2 weeks, and the shortest being 3 or 4 days.  Total days per year in 2017 and 2018 were right around 75 days per year in the coach total, but still averaged 7-9 total trips, they were just longer trips on average.

Isaac-1 said:
Amanda, this year you will be down to what 1 or 2 trips?
If you count since January, we've done probably 8 so far. But if you count July 31 to July 31, it'll be 1 lol, unless you count each destination (separate campground or RV park)as a separate camping trip, then it would probably be closer to 50 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom