June Data on New Rv Sales Numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Aug....  I hope this isn't a sign of an impending recession but New sales shipment continue to be significantly lower than last year.  We now have June data.

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-june-2019

It could be a sign of a pending economic downturn or, just as easily, a sign that the market is saturated right now.

I was looking at a NEW 2018 Jayco and the salesman told me business has never been better.  I said well the 2020's are out now surely you could do better with the price.  He absolutely insisted business was wonderful.

I wonder if I should believe their own association or the salesman? ???

Larry N. said:
Hard to say, but it IS possible that an individual dealer is doing well while the industry in general is not, so...

Yes I agree. An individual dealer could be doing well.

Can I vent for a second?  I read this forum a lot and take my time with a purchase.  The less emotional my purchase the better I do (with anything).  So while I may not be an expert on here in the real world I am an expert. 

I can't stand it when I talk to the salesperson and I pick up either mistake after mistake or just plain lies or laziness.  When talking to this same dealer I had said that Jayco was bought by Thor (so its pretty much a Thor unit) and he said not until after this unit was built.  Now a 10 second google confirmed my statement.  Why make something up that someone can google in a few seconds?

The other is whether or not you need a class B license (my state) to drive a vehicle over 26,000 pounds with air brakes.  Salesman said it was a "grey area".  I said it seems pretty clear.  You do.  He said well technically you do but no one does that.  That's fine but it isn't grey.  You need the license to comply with the law.  Otherwise you face the consequences.  Now the consequences could range from maybe nothing to getting into an accident and additional liability because you weren't licensed to operate the rig.  But it isn't grey.

Ok - I could go on but I am done venting. Well it's a grey area  ;D. I am done venting for now! ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom