Lippert Power Stabilizer Jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check to see if it's seized with rust at the threads and pivot joints. You should have a manual crank point on the other side also, just don't get to aggressive and shear the pin like I did. On mine it turned out that the motor was rusted and seized up. I had to remove the motor and replace one of the brush springs that rusted to pieces ( I used a spring from a writing pen ) Freed up the motor and was good to go, cost $ 0 instead of $300 +. Apparently just a motor is not available.

supercab78 said:
Check to see if it's seized with rust at the threads and pivot joints. You should have a manual crank point on the other side also, just don't get to aggressive and shear the pin like I did. On mine it turned out that the motor was rusted and seized up. I had to remove the motor and replace one of the brush springs that rusted to pieces ( I used a spring from a writing pen ) Freed up the motor and was good to go, cost $ 0 instead of $300 +. Apparently just a motor is not available.

I did the same thing 3 years ago as far as the spring from a ball point pen. This year, I went to raise mine after being down for 6 months and nothing happened. I tried the manual crank and sheared the pin for the handle. Took the motor apart and it had also seized not allowing me to use the hand crank. Just spun it and freed it up then it worked great. Now I exercise it once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom