Flagstaff Mac 207 - Please help diagnose water issue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandonparsons

Hi there - new to this forum, looking for a bit of help diagnosing an issue.

Just bought a Flagstaff Mac 207 (2015) used. Took it out twice, did not notice any issues when we were out camping.

Got back from our last trip, and noticed a small/medium sized leak coming from the back-left corner of the trailer.  Not gallons and gallons of water, but maybe a litre or so.

I poked around under the trailer, and believe the source of a leak is a small black drain hose that pokes through the wood floor of the trailer, right behind the left wheel well. The hose looks to be dripping, and the wood around the hole it comes through is damp.

Took some photos below to show location, see red arrows. In the second picture, the hose is located behind the steel cross bar. The third picture is taken upside down laying on the floor.

We tried using the fresh water tank and water pump on this trip. I also may have spilled a bit of water where the stovetop is, but I didn't think I spilled very much at all.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated! I'm happy to grab additional photos/info as necessary.

Attachments

• IMG-9792.JPG
    IMG-9792.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-9793.JPG
    IMG-9793.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-9795.JPG
    IMG-9795.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 21
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I do hope some experienced member comes along to answer your question.

In our trailer we have overflow pipes for the fresh water tank and it could be that but I really don't know.

Hope you get it clarified soon.  Good luck.

Is there a refrigerator above it?

Does it have an air conditioner and, if so, were you using it?

Where is the water heater located? It could be water from the pressure relief valve.

brandonparsons said:
We tried using the fresh water tank and water pump on this trip. I also may have spilled a bit of water where the stovetop is, but I didn't think I spilled very much at all.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated! I'm happy to grab additional photos/info as necessary.

Welcome to The RV Forum, Brandon!

Is the freshwater tank adjacent to the black hose?  If so, that's the drain line so you can empty the tank and the draincock is partially open or leaking.

Look inside the trailer and see if you can find the fresh water tank and the draincock and make sure it's fully closed.

I agree with Lou. If you find it's a drain valve, you should put a extension on that black hose. I see the wood is getting wet. It may have gotten wet while you were traveling and the wind was blowing the drips onto the wood. In any case, measure the OD of the black hose, go to Home Depot and purchase a length of hose with the same ID. Slide it on the black hose and use a hose clamp to hold it there.

Lou Schneider said:
Welcome to The RV Forum, Brandon!

Is the freshwater tank adjacent to the black hose?  If so, that's the drain line so you can empty the tank and the draincock is partially open or leaking.

Look inside the trailer and see if you can find the fresh water tank and the draincock and make sure it's fully closed.

Thanks Lou. Yes this is right beside the fresh water tank. It's not the drain valve for the freshwater tank (there is a white valve right on the tank for that), but your post got me looking in the right direction. I'm 99% sure this is the outlet for the low point drains in the water system inside the trailer (one on the cold side and one on the hot side.... I assume they tie together under the floor before going out of the camper).

I'm assuming that we somehow knocked one or both of the low point drain valves while packing the trailer, and it caused a slow leak of the remainder of the water that was in the lines in the  trailer. Before leaving I'd used the pump to empty out the fresh water tank as much as it could before blowing air, but I'm assuming that there was still some water reminaing in the cold/hot lines at or below the suction level of the pump.

I'm going to try to experiment today with those drain valves and confirm that is what is coming out of that outlet. I'll also see about going to get a hose to move the drip away from the wood.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

Back
Top Bottom