rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: comfort on the road  (Read 2676 times)

knucklebucket

• ---
comfort on the road
« on: August 01, 2019, 06:51:25 AM »
morning all. new to the forum and to the RV world. just recently bought a used class A. I play guitar in a southern rock band. we don't travel all the time but we do travel. for the last couple years,  we been traveling in a toy hauler, but it proved not to be big enough lol. so hence the reason I got the class A. how many of you guys/gals do this? what do you carry with you in regards to instruments, amps, PA and such.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Re: comfort on the road
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 07:02:04 AM »
Welcome to The RV Forum. We have a few traveling musicians/bands here.

A class A makes a lot of sense for a traveling band/group.

I don't play pro, and can barely play amateur  :-[ But I carry a couple of guitars and several ukuleles in the motorhome. I've been known to also carry a keyboard, but my other half starts making noises when I do that. Right now, I have a keyboard set up in the 'shed' on our summer lot.

I belong to a couple of uke bands and (try to) jam with traveling musicians, but don't carry an amp for campground use.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:51:44 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:06:09 PM »
I don’t take amps & such unless we’re heading to a gig.  In that case they mostly go in the towed car. 

Instruments go in the coach.  2 to 3 guitars fit under the bed overhang when the slide is in.  They’re quite happy there.
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter,  mediocre guitar player.
2006 Bounder 34H, 2008 CR-V Toad

knucklebucket

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 06:27:09 AM »
that's good to know, never thought about putting my guitars under the bed.

SeanAndKaty

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »
I'm a solo performer (guitar & vocals) and don't really use our Class C as a tour vehicle, but I do occasionally work a gig into a planned recreational trip for my wife and me. A much simpler set-up of course than you probably have with a band set-up; I always have a guitar with me either way, but my smallest PA set-up, whether there's a gig or not, is a Bose S1 Pro that's a pretty amazing little unit. Plus, when I'm not playing, it's a great speaker for our bluetooth music from our phone. Good luck!
- Veteran RVers since, well, October 2018.
- 2019 Nexus Phantom 31P  |  Seattle-ish WA  US-of-freakin'-A