comfort on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knucklebucket

morning all. new to the forum and to the RV world. just recently bought a used class A. I play guitar in a southern rock band. we don't travel all the time but we do travel. for the last couple years,  we been traveling in a toy hauler, but it proved not to be big enough lol. so hence the reason I got the class A. how many of you guys/gals do this? what do you carry with you in regards to instruments, amps, PA and such.

Welcome to The RV Forum. We have a few traveling musicians/bands here.

A class A makes a lot of sense for a traveling band/group.

I don't play pro, and can barely play amateur  :-[ But I carry a couple of guitars and several ukuleles in the motorhome. I've been known to also carry a keyboard, but my other half starts making noises when I do that. Right now, I have a keyboard set up in the 'shed' on our summer lot.

I belong to a couple of uke bands and (try to) jam with traveling musicians, but don't carry an amp for campground use.

I don?t take amps & such unless we?re heading to a gig.  In that case they mostly go in the towed car. 

Instruments go in the coach.  2 to 3 guitars fit under the bed overhang when the slide is in.  They?re quite happy there.

I'm a solo performer (guitar & vocals) and don't really use our Class C as a tour vehicle, but I do occasionally work a gig into a planned recreational trip for my wife and me. A much simpler set-up of course than you probably have with a band set-up; I always have a guitar with me either way, but my smallest PA set-up, whether there's a gig or not, is a Bose S1 Pro that's a pretty amazing little unit. Plus, when I'm not playing, it's a great speaker for our bluetooth music from our phone. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom