Stereo relocation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdprowash

Hi all... I just bought a new to me camper that has been somewhat remodeled. They took out what I believe was a corner hutch... put in a swivel TV and deleted the stereo. We like our music.. so I'd like to put one back in. However... it can go anywhere where it was unless I put some kind of console where the chair is.

What I would like to do is put one in the big open space on sink base cabinet.

Wires are still in the wall with an access panel by TV. My question is... How difficult would it be to pull and run wires to new location? Impossible?

Thoughts... please. TIA!

Attachments

• camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 38
  • stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
Do you have the old stereo or will you be buying new?  If you're buying new, I'd get a car stereo, maybe 2 DIN high with a nice display, mount it in a corner under the TV, and put up with a box extending a few inches into the bedroom side.  You're already avoiding that area because of the cables on the back of the TV.

Crutchfield.com has numerous car stereos and if you call them they can guide you to one with minimum depth.

It will be difficult to run new wires inside the walls or ceiling without taking off the paneling and cutting a channel for them.  You could go down through the floor and run a PVC conduit between the TV wall and the kitchen cabinet if there's clearance under the trailer - maybe along the frame rail?

Or you could use Wiremold surface mount raceway and run it along the wall to ceiling edge, then down the wall to the kitchen cabinet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom