rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: In the Jeep 'club' Sort of  (Read 422 times)

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 99 Country Coach Magna
In the Jeep 'club' Sort of
« on: August 01, 2019, 09:13:57 PM »
recently bought a Jeep, the Grand Cherokee Limited, with a Hemi.  Total stock, but plan on doing some easy offered stuff, nothing real technical.  Afraid my money well is not that deep for the major upgrades.  What can I expect off-road?  How are they classified?  I see 1,2,3 etc.  I assume 1 being a regular road that is dirt.  What os the 3'boulders?  10's, 5's etc?

I may up the tire size when it is time for a change, I understand the issue of gearing and speedos. ut a stock GC will take what size? 

Got the base plate installed today, need to finish up wiring, which is just mounting and connecting the plug at this point. 

Bill & Jolene W (& Koda 6/1/2004 6/15/2019 R.I.P.)
Retired from Old Faithful, Old Guy at Hardware Store
1999 Country Coach Magna 40'
1997 Southwind 35' (AVAILABLE)
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara.(Available)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Re: In the Jeep 'club' Sort of
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »
Welcome to the "club," Bill. Sorry I can't help much on answers, but those Grand Cherokees do pretty well off road, certainly up to doing Terry and Frank's usual at Q. They're wider and longer, of course, than the Wranglers, so there may be a few snug spots. Of course a lot depends on the options, too, such as optional suspensions. Other than the larger size, they'll do just about as well as my stock Wrangler (it's not a Rubicon).
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG