Campground recommendation for cody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have stayed twice at Absaroka Bay Campground in Cody.  A great location for exploring the awesome town of Cody!

I thought I replied to this earlier, but don't see my reply, so here it goes again.  Multiple people have recommended Buffalo Bill State park which is 10-15 miles west of Cody.  We did a quick drive by from there as we were leaving Yellowstone on our way to Thermopolis 2 years ago, and would certainly consider it if and when we are in the area again.  If you are in the area and have any interest in dam construction you should visit and tour the Buffalo Bill Reservoir dam, it is one of the oldest large concrete dams in the US, when we were there they had shuttle golf carts from the parking lot to the visitor center, so don't let the potential of a long walk scare you off.

Ike

p.s. Just so you are aware Buffalo Bill Reservoir, is an irrigation reservoir so the lake water level varies considerably depending on the season, it also is not a particularly pretty lake, in fact it is a bit ugly, the water tends to be muddy and there is little vegetation around it, instead it is mostly barren rock.

We spent several nights at the Cody Wyoming Trout Ranch which is about 3 miles outside Cody and were pleased.  They do allow fishing in a stocked trout pond and supply the gear if you like to fish.

I stayed at the Cody KOA which is a decent campground. Plus, they have shuttles to and from the nightly summer rodeos.

We like the Ponderosa Campground. Walking distance to most downtown stores, Cody Museum, etc and close to rodeo.

Peggy, we have stayed at Buffalo Bill SP and Ponderosa.

Buffalo Bill is a large grassy area with lots of sites, fairly close to the road but not noisy.

Ponderosa was friendly, campground a bit older but adequate for our needs, sites close together.

Absaroka looked nice too.

Don't think you'd go wrong with any of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom