Class C dinette bed extention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rickas

I have a Ford Lexington 24 ft with slide and it has a loveseat size jacknive sofa on the slide side and small dinette bed conversion on opposite side. Neither bed is large enough for both of us so she sleeps on the jackkive and me on the other. My question is whether any body converted the booth dinette to permanent bed conversion that could extend for 2?  We are seniors and don't use the booth . Eat out , or outside , or on the sofa with our TV tables.?  Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm extending the width of my dinette bed by building a frame using two 1x6 boards for the top and bottom with 2x6 uprights at the ends and middle. I'll screw the uprights to the top and bottom 1x6's. Then I'll secure the frame to the dinette bed with L shaped metal braces from the 2x6's to the wooden parts of the dinette bed. I'll need to be careful with my measurements so that the height of the frame is the same as the dinette bed base.

I've already purchased a 6 inch full size memory foam mattress to replace the 4 inch dinette cushions. However, I'll have to cut a little off the side of the memory foam because the extended dinette bed will be just a little narrower than the full mattress.

I am thinking about the same sort of mod on the same make/model unit, but planning on an air mattress and zip together sleeping bags when necessary.  But where do we store the extension when not in use? :-\

IBTripping said:
I'm extending the width of my dinette bed by building a frame using two 1x6 boards for the top and bottom with 2x6 uprights at the ends and middle. I'll screw the uprights to the top and bottom 1x6's. Then I'll secure the frame to the dinette bed with L shaped metal braces from the 2x6's to the wooden parts of the dinette bed. I'll need to be careful with my measurements so that the height of the frame is the same as the dinette bed base.

I've already purchased a 6 inch full size memory foam mattress to replace the 4 inch dinette cushions. However, I'll have to cut a little off the side of the memory foam because the extended dinette bed will be just a little narrower than the full mattress.
Why don't you use 2 X 8's then you may not have to trim the mattress.  Or even 2 X 10's.
When done, a picture would really help.

Back
Top Bottom