Watertank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

healheelclick

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2003 Four Winds 5000 yesterday. Trying to plan the reno work. What size water tank would be best for living on it fulltime? I am thinking 110 gallon. I just don't know how fast I'll go through that. It will be just me and a couple of dogs. Anyone have ideas about this? Thanks!

How long is it?  You also have to consider that you can't overfill your black and grey tanks.  My 21' Travel Trailer has 75 gallons fresh, and that is large compared to others.  Time will depend on showers, they are killers of water supply.

Are you planning to full time off grid?  If so how do you plan to dispose of the gray and black water?  How do you plan to recharge batteries?
If you full time in a full hookup site then you will likely never need a water tank.

Also keep in mind water is heavy, which can effect your load balance as well as cargo carrying capacity.

To the best of my knowledge, the Four Winds 5000 is a class C on a van chassis.  No way it would have chassis space or weight capacity for a 100+ gallon tank.  100 gallons of water = 835 lbs of additional weight.

As others suggest, you also need to have waste tank capacity in harmony with the fresh water.

At 231 cubic inches per gallon, you need 23,100 cubic inches or 13.4 cubic feet to hold 100 gallons of water.  And enough chassis capacity to handle the extra 835 lbs of weight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsWebster
Back
Top Bottom