MiniRally Newport Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
As Tim and I checked in with Shaun at Davis Cabinets this morning, the secretary handed me a note saying "when Lassens check in give them Mahoney's cell phone number".  So after meeting with Shaun, discussing a couple of options, and making our decision, I called Russ; got his Apple iphone answering message and left him a message.

We knew he was somewhere in the neighborhood; but had no idea we had pulled into the same campground and are about 10 or so sites nearby. 

We can also report that all the work Davis Cabinets did looks "GREAT".....EVERYTHING.  They did such a good job. 

Terry I can see why you want the glass dash thingie.  It is really something.

Tonight Russ is introducting us to his favorite eating establishment, which he says. has the best clam chower. 

Marsha~

Marsha

>>Terry I can see why you want the glass dash thingie.  It is really something.<<

Ex-Doctors can have them.....Ex Phone guys can't.<BG>

Marsha/CA said:
Tonight Russ is introducting us to his favorite eating establishment, which he says. has the best clam chower.

Clam chowder in a Thai restaurant  ???

Tom said:
Clam chowder in a Thai restaurant  ???

I don't recall seeing Clam Chowder in any restaurants in Bangkok or anywhere else in Thailand.  That is not suggesting that the Thai restaurant Russ recommends is not excellent since from personal experience of Russ's choice of restaurants is outstanding.

Alright you guys.  :-*  Let's get this straightened out.  It was Russ's favorite place for Clam Chowder; a seafood restaurant with true Newport, Or ambiance and experience.  The place is in Old Newport and looks right onto the bay, great clam chowder. 

Russ also was a gracious host and took us on a driving tour pointing out the Thia place, the beach, the lighthouse, the several grocery stores and a good place to buy wine.  He is a wealth of information.

Now, are we clear?  ;D

Jim, it was Mo's.

Marsha~

Russ does have the ability to pick fine eateries.  Sometimes he might get lost getting their but once there the food is good. ;D ;D

You're right, Ron.  We circled the airport so many times looking for a Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas that we renamed the airport Mahoney Field. :D

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
You're right, Ron.  We circled the airport so many times looking for a Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas that we renamed the airport Mahoney Field. :D

Margi

That is exactly the incident I had in mind.  The evening we spent viewing Mahoney Field. ;D ;D ;D

Shayne said:
Me thinks poor Russ just got a few back handed compliments. 

No no  don't take us wrong.  If Russ tell you of a good place to eat then the place is indeed a great place to eat whether it be mexican, Thai, or a steak house it will be good.

Oh  then it's the old phrase  It's great but you can't get there from here.  Right  or at least by his directions  LOL  But he's got GSP and all those Map finding things.  LOL  Sounds like a back handed compliment to me  LOL

I don't think any of us had GPS's the night of the Mahoney Field "sight seeing" trip, but you can bet we all have them now! :D
Russ's restaurant suggestions are always right on the money.  Following Russ to get to the destination is just part of the fun. ;)

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozrkbnd
Back
Top Bottom