You're never too old (Santa came early)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeilerBird said:
You both have it wrong. It is Welsch. As in my sister and BIL Sue and John Welsch. ;D
Don't wel[cs]h* on me now.  ::) :eek: ;D ;D ;D

* For those who aren't programmers, the [cs] syntax means it can be either letter there.

[quote author=Larry N.]Sorry my humor attempt fell flat...[/quote]

It didn't Larry. I was merely returning the humor  ;D

Seems like this thread is adrift is a sea of grape juice.  Maybe it will turn into whine and we can have a party?

Don’t mind me.  I’ve been waxing a motorhome in 90+ degree heat and I’m a little bit cooked.  Or to continue with the wine allegory..... mulled.
;D ;D ;D

That looks a very nice guitar. Tried to learn to play guitar back in the days but never had the talent.

roninX said:
That looks a very nice guitar. Tried to learn to play guitar back in the days but never had the talent.
That is a big myth, talent. None of us have any talent. Except the one in a billion like Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Elton John. Those guys have talent. The rest of us peons only learn how to play by sheer determination. You have to be able to withstand terminal boredom practicing in order to get good. I sure wish I had talent, it would be a lot easier. I play Blackbird by the Beatles and it amazes people but I can only play it because I have played it about a million times.

I'll second Tom's remarks about talent. While I don't play anywhere near his capability, it took me a huge amount of practice just to get a few chord changes and a handful of different strums, just to accompany myself. So if you are sufficiently determined, likely you can at least learn to play some basic chords and a couple of strums. Or you can learn to do a certain amount of picking, with it perhaps taking a huge amount of practice for each song you learn to pick, though each subsequent one would be slightly easier.

Time in the woodshed is required even by the most talented musicians.  Maybe not as much time as we mere mortals, but still time.

SeilerBird said:
That is a big myth, talent. None of us have any talent. Except the one in a billion like Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Elton John. Those guys have talent. The rest of us peons only learn how to play by sheer determination. You have to be able to withstand terminal boredom practicing in order to get good. I sure wish I had talent, it would be a lot easier. I play Blackbird by the Beatles and it amazes people but I can only play it because I have played it about a million times.

You are correct. I just can't withstand the boredom even when playing with my buddies back then.

Back
Top Bottom