rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Spending a non-fishing day  (Read 935 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Spending a non-fishing day
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »
Yesterday I drove around checking out a number of potential fishing sites on the Salt River in Star Valley, WY, all within a radius of 15-20 miles. Most were designated "public access" areas, and attracted a number of anglers, swimmers, and river floaters. It's unlikely that Tim (my fishing buddy) and I will fish these spots, preferring to head  for the smaller, more remote, streams in the WY or ID mountains.

I needed to pick up some flies, and spent a little time browsing around a couple of 'fly shops' checking out gear.. One had a successor to my Sage Z-Axis fly rod that I'd bought some years ago. The same store also had a couple of Hardy brand rods; I hadn't seen the Hardy name since we lived in the UK (way out of my price range back then). The store owner confirmed that Hardy and Sage are the two high quality brands. I was offered the opportunity to 'cast' with these rods on one of the nearby waterways, but I declined; The temptation (to buy) might just have been too much to resist  :)

BTW I made it clear to the store owners on entering that I was only 'kicking tires', but they were still willing and eager to spend time with me.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:03:36 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.