Need something to shade the rear of my RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjc0622

Hi all. I live in my RV full time in Central Texas. Currently the average temperature is 98 degrees. My bedroom faces west so it gets the hot, strong, all afternoon sun. The rest of the RV is pretty shaded by pecan trees. I have put 3cm insulated foil on the large bedroom window, I keep the shade drawn and I recently put up energy efficient, black out curtains. The room is still at least 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the RV even at 9:00 pm. The entire back wall is very warm to the touch. I am in an RV park and I do like the space I'm in so moving isn't on the top of my list. It's not a pull through so I can't face the RV the other direction.  Any suggestions as to what I can put on the outside that doesn't look tacky or trashy? I have a 2019 Coachmen Chaparral 5th wheel that is 12'9" in height.

Thanks in advance.
CJ

Check out "Shelter Logic" car ports.They come in various widths and lengths
We have our trailer in the hot sunny Florida Keys and I keep two long sea kayaks on my truck roof.
I installed a Shelter Logic car port and to get the extra height to accomodate the extra height for loading the kayaks from the rear of the truck, I used schedule 40 2" PVC pipes and then put the shelter Logic legs inside them with bolts through at the proper height.
It is a nice neat job and keeps the sun off.
If they are predicting a hurricane, I just remove the top. it is about a half hour process to put it up or take it down.
I also added hurricane tie downs at the four corners.

Jack L

JackL said:
Check out "Shelter Logic" car ports.They come in various widths and lengths
We have our trailer in the hot sunny Florida Keys and I keep two long sea kayaks on my truck roof.
I installed a Shelter Logic car port and to get the extra height to accomodate the extra height for loading the kayaks from the rear of the truck, I used schedule 40 2" PVC pipes and then put the shelter Logic legs inside them with bolts through at the proper height.
It is a nice neat job and keeps the sun off.
If they are predicting a hurricane, I just remove the top. it is about a half hour process to put it up or take it down.
I also added hurricane tie downs at the four corners.

Jack L

Jack, can you post a picture of your set up?  Looking for ideas here also. 

Hi cjc0622,

There is a recent thread on minimizing heat in RV's. I'll post the link for you and it might help with your situation.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,123289.0.html

X-Roughneck said:
Jack, can you post a picture of your set up?  Looking for ideas here also.

I can't now, since it is on our site in Key Largo and we are in the North Carolina Mountains.

Jack L

Back
Top Bottom