Joliet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Relatively. Every city/town has a bad side.
The further you can get from major metropolitan areas the safer it gets.
Are you heading East / West along I-80?
Or North / South along I-55?

Anything west of Larkin Ave. will be OK. I would stay away from anything East of the river, unless you stay all the way back towards New Lenox. Just a note if you are not familiar with the area. I've been told by my brother who spent a 35+ year career as a Joliet area sheriff deputy that the 4 miles from Briggs St. on the east side of town to Larkin Ave, on the west side is the most dangerous stretch of I-80 in Ill. The combination of heavy traffic, grades, and curves on the bridge approaches makes it an accident looking for a place to happen.

sadixon49 said:
Anything west of Larkin Ave. will be OK. I would stay away from anything East of the river, unless you stay all the way back towards New Lenox. Just a note if you are not familiar with the area. I've been told by my brother who spent a 35+ year career as a Joliet area sheriff deputy that the 4 miles from Briggs St. on the east side of town to Larkin Ave, on the west side is the most dangerous stretch of I-80 in Ill. The combination of heavy traffic, grades, and curves on the bridge approaches makes it an accident looking for a place to happen.

You missed the large pot holes!

There is  a Cracker Barrel with RV parking at exit 127. Parking length is typical CB at about 48 feet. Might be able to park at the edge depending on business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom