rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Converting a toy hauler  (Read 351 times)

Jim828

• ---
Converting a toy hauler
« on: August 15, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »
We're thinking of upgrading to a 24' or so toy hauler from a 21' Edge. The Edge has the flip down sofa which is awful for comfort. Thinking about taking out the sofas (beds) in the rear of the toy hauler and putting in a couple of recliners. In essence, turning the back into a den like area. Anybody done this? Thanks!

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Converting a toy hauler
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »
I've seen pictures here where others have converted toyhauler garages to a den, office, bedroom, etc. Your imagination is your only limit.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Jkoht

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:16:04 PM »
My toyhauler has an empty 12' by 7ish' garage. I wanted sleeping capacity so I bought two sets of disc o bed cots that'll sleep 4 people comfortably. They can also be turned into a couch setup so now I'm debating making a narrow table for the middle that would use removable boat seat pedestals in the center of the floor. Your only limit is your imagination and wallet of course. Just depends on if you need to be able to use the garage to haul toys and where your stuff can be moved to and secured. My setup can all be packed away into compact storage bags and moved to the front corner of the garage.
2003 Roadmaster 24ft Toyhauler

Chakara

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 11:31:42 PM »
My toyhauler has an empty 12' by 7ish' garage. I wanted sleeping capacity so I bought two sets of disc o bed cots that'll sleep 4 people comfortably. They can also be turned into a couch setup so now I'm debating making a narrow table for the middle that would use removable boat seat pedestals in the center of the floor. Your only limit is your imagination and wallet of course. Just depends on if you need to be able to use the garage to haul toys and where your stuff can be moved to and secured. My setup can all be packed away into compact storage bags and moved to the front corner of the garage.

Ha - we did the same thing on our old 10' garage toyhauler.   Worked great - pull out the ATV, setup the bunks and the kids had tables and chairs as well.  Best part of that setup was the door from the garage to the camper was lockable from the camper side LOL.  chaos ensued!
2018 Arctic Fox 27.5L
2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ

steveblonde

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 07:36:24 AM »
my toy hauler came with beds in the back that raise when not in use they are called happy jacks

https://www.dutchmen.com/resources/media/user/brochure/1539609165_brcfile_2014_voltage-v-series-8pg-literature-214-web.pdf
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:41:26 AM by steveblonde »
2015 Voltage 3305 Toy Hauler - loaded
2019 F150 5l Super cab 8 ft box (company truck) daily driver
2017 Black on Black F350 Diesel Dually loaded  5167lbs cargo/weight capacity
Selling truck parts for 15 yrs plus
" If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space"
From Canada Eh