rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: How long can I boondock without solar or genny?  (Read 3997 times)

Oldgator73

• ---
Re: How long can I boondock without solar or genny?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 09:17:08 AM »
Folks did it for about 60,000 years..... ;)

I often think back to when we tent camped (from 1973-1998). We had no electric, water or sewer and we were perfectly fine with that. Now we go camping and seem to need a site with full hookups. Itís really not camping anymore. I guess we can call it RVing, but camping, no.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »
I used to camp cowboy-style, on the ground, with a rolled-up blanket for a pillow, and laying next to the fire. One morning I woke up to find a copperhead sharing the fire's warmth.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »
I often think back to when we tent camped (from 1973-1998). We had no electric, water or sewer and we were perfectly fine with that. Now we go camping and seem to need a site with full hookups. Itís really not camping anymore. I guess we can call it RVing, but camping, no.
As I got older the ground got harder. Last time I went tent camping was 2 years ago on a Green River (Utah) canoe trip. Loved it, would go again, but man oh man is it hard to unpack all the gear, set it up, and then pack it all up again the next morning after a day paddling the river. I must admit the views were not ones I could get from my RV, but I still am in the RV 6-7 months a year, and on the river a week every few years. Too much work for these old bones to do often.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com