Cummins vs. Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvingwil

I'm currently searching for a 38-40' diesel pusher. I've been told to definitely to stick with Cummins: more techs can work on them, cheaper labor and parts and less time for parts to arrive on scene. Years ago we had a 340hp Cummins in a Damon Astoria and had great luck with it. I've seen some nice 2004 - 06 coaches but they have a Cat and that makes me a little leery. I'm a widower getting ready to go out fulltime and just looking for some advice. Anything would be appreciated. Wil

This is partly a  brand loyalty thing, though these people do have a point, Cat got out of the truck engine business 12+ years ago, so finding service will just keep getting harder as time passes.   

This is one of those facts that are true (fewer Cat service shops) but not significant. Plenty of Cat service and parts are readily available. In fact, Cat guarantees parts for all their equipment (but the price may get steeper for older stuff).  In my opinion, Cat vs Cummins is absolutely NOT a decision factor in buying a coach.

Back
Top Bottom