McCoy Creek, ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Had another relaxing day fly fishing. Fished McCoy Creek in the Caribou-Targhee National Forest, ID, approx 28 miles from base camp. Good access on NFS roads. Although we were alone, there were signs along the way that hunters are starting to set up camp in preparation for hunting season.

Attachments

• McCoyCreek.jpg
    McCoyCreek.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13
  • McCoyCreek2.jpg
    McCoyCreek2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
Catch & release, so leave camera (phone) in car while wading the streams.

Smart man, I'd lose my camera after I stumbled on a rock and fell in while fishing.  Enjoy  :))

[quote author=SpencerPJ]... after I stumbled on a rock and fell in while fishing.[/quote]
I resemble that remark  :-[ So much so, that I sometimes/often don't use my expen$$$ive gear.

Tom, when you're out on those roads do you carry a sat phone or are you still within range of a tower for your cell phone?  I get a little nervous when I'm more than walking distance from civilization. 

[quote author=garyb1st]... when you're out on those roads do you carry a sat phone or are you still within range of a tower for your cell phone?[/quote]

Good thought, but neither. When Tim and I leave, our wives are given a "home by, or send help" time and a location. Tim's wife and his neighbor are both very familiar with the locations we fish.

A few days ago Tim told me a story of his neighbor getting trapped in the boonies by a couple of landslides. An NFS ranger came by and drove him home. He went back for his car the following day when NFS had equipment on site to remove the slides. I've seen/passed exactly one NFS ranger this season to date.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom