rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: First time taking my pop up to camping - at night?  (Read 3828 times)

IBTripping

• ---
Re: First time taking my pop up to camping - at night?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »
Thanks for the pics. Looks like you've got a nice roomy popup. Enjoy.
1996 Coachmen Catalina 230BH
2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L

Camper054

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »
Looks Great  :))  Here in the Midwest, Fall camping is our favorite.  Just a warning, not sure where you live, but if you are making camping plans, reserve them on your state reservation system.  Often times that system shows pictures, as well as zooming with google maps helps pick out good sites.  Enjoy.

HI!  Yes, I am in the midwest - great state of Indiana :).  And, yes, you are absolutely correct - not easy to find a campground unless reservations are made wayyy ahead of time!  We camped last weekend and again getting ready to camp at Hoosier National Park tomorrow.  All reservable sites are gone, but there are good number of walk-ins available.  This time, it will be only us (our family) and not others - so , hopefully it will be peaceful and relaxing for us.

We thought about going to the Smoky mountains, but nothing available.  I will be reserving some of the campgrounds from now on as soon as they are available.  May have to cancel some, but I am okay to pay the cancellation fee if I have to :).

Thanks and happy/safe camping to you all!
MC

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
HI!  Yes, I am in the midwest - great state of Indiana :).
Me as well, live close to Greenwood, south of Indianapolis.  We're heading to Mounds State Park in Anderson, have a kid at Ball State.  Never been there in all the years.  If you want to do late fall Brown County, you better be on that reserve site  ;).  Have a great Weekend.  Been to Hoosier Nat Forest plenty, nice place.  We had a ski boat for many years, would frequent Paynetown as well.
2020 F150 Lariat, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain