Sold the Dolphin back to a 313 Challenger.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie 5320

Well I finely made the decision to sell the Dolphin that my late wife wanted. I never wanted a coach with slides, but she did and I gave in when she was sick with cancer. Well I never did really like the way the Dolphin handled, and it just felt SO BIG. The new owner picked it up Sunday with a pile of cash and I headed to Elkhart, In. and bought and drove home a 1996 Damon Challenger 313 yesterday.  A  very long day, but I got a much simpler coach with NO slides, just what I wanted to begin with. We took my buddies pickup and car trailer over to pick it up. Loaded the pickup on the trailer and headed home. Once I got used to the coach, and got her on 55 South, ran it up to 65 70 mph with very light throttle pressure. This one actually looks better than my old one. It's got brand new Hankook A11 tires on it. First coach I've ever bought that didn't need tires.

Good trade. I lived in a 94 Challenger 308 for 5 years and I loved it. If you have any questions just ask away. Have you figured out how to fill the water tank yet?

Are you sure about that transmission, was the original replaced?  It should have a 4L80E, the P series chassis did not get the beefier, but externally identical 4L85E from the factory until 2003.

SeilerBird said:
Good trade. I lived in a 94 Challenger 308 for 5 years and I loved it. If you have any questions just ask away. Have you figured out how to fill the water tank yet?
Yea, Tom, it has a cap on the rear of the coach to fill the tank. I really don't like that setup, myself. My 296 Challenger had a valve arrangement in the right rear. Liked it much better. This coach is built like the Daybreak I had briefly. Some younger fellow had  this coach for a few years and put some real nice sounding pipes on it. They're just not for me, so I'll have to have a new muffler installed on it.

Isaac-1 said:
Are you sure about that transmission, was the original replaced?  It should have a 4L80E, the P series chassis did not get the beefier, but externally identical 4L85E from the factory until 2003.
No I'm Not sure about the trans. I am sure it is a 4 speed over drive trans, and it stayed in 4th gear locked up when on the high way pulling a pickup on a trailer 65 70 mph. 

Back
Top Bottom