iPad wouldn?t connect to Mobley hotspot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debra17

Yesterday I was on my iPad connected to internet with Mobley hotspot. I lost the internet connection and couldn?t reconnect.  I unplugged Mobley then plugged back in. Tried to connect and got message that password was incorrect. Tried entering password again, still said incorrect pw. Powered off iPad and back on, still says incorrect password. iPhone and laptop both connected to Mobley normally. iPad also would connect to the rv park WiFi. Today I tried again and same thing. I was starting a post to ask for any ideas on how to fix when I thought about plugging Mobley into truck OBDI port. Lo and behold once the Mobley had internet the iPad connected to it. Turned Mobley off and came back inside and was able to connect. Weird!

I?m sure there is an explanation for this. Maybe there is some type of reset that occurs when connected to OBDI?  I thought I would share this in case anyone else has this issue.

The only thing the Mobley gets from the OBD2 port is 12-volt power. It makes no other connections. The only thing I can think of for your situation is that the tablet needed longer to reset any incorrect cached connection data it was using, and the extra time it took to move the Mobley took care of it.

I don?t know, it had been 24 hours from when it started happening so that should have been long enough to clear the cache. Now it?s doing the same thing again this morning. Very frustrating ?

Back
Top Bottom