HELP!!!! Please ;'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blondieemtp

Please help!!!!! My husband and I just got rid of a permanent camper for a 2007 Coachmen travel trailer FKS.  It is a very nice nice set up, and looks lovely, HOWEVER..............  When we decided to take it for a 2 night trip close to home today, there was a clicking noise as soon as we plugged trailer into the truck. We soon discovered that it was the brakes locking up. We have no brake adjuster, so the service tech @ Coachmen had no idea why they were locking up. When my husband tried to simpy disconnect the brakes, the towing lights on the trailer also stopped worked. All the fuses are OK.  ???

Also, while my husband was in the shower, my daughter and I noticed a stream of water running from the bathroom to the living area. Nothing appeared to be leaking, and my husband swore he had the shower curtain closed the whole way.  When my daughter showered, we noticed the same problem, and tracked it to condensation coming off the shower door. Not only does this much water make the floor very slippery, it creates a rather large puddle against the closet and table. We had the fan running while they were showering. Is there anything I can do for this? Is my brand new camper now going to smell like mildew????  :p

Take it back to the dealer.  If the dealer does not fix the problems contact the manufacturer for assistance.  Please keep us updated.

Sounds like a wiring discrepancy between the truck and the trailer; they may not be the same wire-for-wire. You should hear nothing when simply plugging it in.

As far as the water is concerned, unless you're in the middle of a hot, humid jungle and are taking a really, really cold shower, condensation shouldn't be that great. I would suggest one of you stand inside the shower and spray around all the seams while someone outside watches to find out where the leak is coming from. Chances are it will be at the bottom of the panels.

I had a similar problem. The channel the held the shower curtain was not sealed along the back edge along the wall was not sealed correctly. So when the water would run down the curtain and into the channel it would leak out along this edge. it was hard to see because it was right in the corner.

Thanks so much! You guys were right, it was a leak. :(        Does anyone else have a front and rear gray tank, and how are you tying them together for a sewage hook up?

There is such a thing as a "Y" hose for dual tank units. If you can't find one (most places don't carry them) you can make one.  But most people just move the hose when they need to drain the other tank. Not a big deal and saves carrying around an extra ungainly sewer hose.

I posted a bunch of links just yesterday in another forum.. All to camping world

On my rig there are two gray tanks, the front gray tank already shares the outlet with the black tank (Standard hookup)

On the rear tank I replaced the outlet cap with Camping World link

And then I got a Another CW link

And finally a Final CW link for this post)

I have a 25' GRAY 5/8" Garden hose that along with a double female fitting adapter connects them.

I also have a 1" pipe installed that can connect them but have had a problem with that, (Still working on it)

Yet another option is this: Instead of the last two links, some of the sewer hose ends have a hose fitting on them already, I drilled (And capped) the fitting (The fitting was moulded but not drilled out) so I could hook the gray hose there.

Oh, just for the record, I also have a macerator pump, and 50' of BLACK hose

Hose color code:

White: Drinking
Green: Flushing
Gray: Gray (What else)
Black: Black (What else)

Just so you know,,,, Makes it hard to make a mistake... Not impossible... but hard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom