pulling a toad on a flatbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knucklebucket

who pulls a toad on a flatbed? any pics, prices of the trailer and such, I have an 04 Mazda RX-8. can't pull on all 4 without removing drive shaft. really don't want to do that same thing with a dolly.

Lots of small rollback or roll off trailers available but they are very expensive. Do an internet search.

I have a flatbed car hauler trailer, though I don't use it with my motorhome, one thing to be very aware of is weight, mine is a TopHat brand 18 ft metal deck car hauler like the one shown in this link https://www.tophattrailers.com/catalog/product/car-hauler/all-steel-car-hauler/

It has a 7,000 pound GVWR, and weighs in at 2,505 pounds, meaning the heaviest load it can carry is 4,495 pounds, which is around the weight of a mid sized SUV (my wife's Jeep Cherokee weighs in a 4,290 when nearly empty).  I am not sure what your towing capacity is, but nearly all gasoline powered motorhomes have a max towing capacity of 5,000 pounds, many / most  diesel pushers built in the last 15 years have 10,000 pound towing capacity, though some have less.

Ike

Instead of hauling your car on an open flatbed, consider an enclosed trailer.  Wind resistance behind the motorhome isn't any more than a flat trailer, it protects your car from debris and gives you room to carry additional cargo.  You can get them with a side door that lets you get in and out of the car easily once it's inside.

Nothing as big as Bill's stacker, but something like these.  This company has dealers nationwide and includes prices on their web page:

https://www.trailersplus.com

Whatever you get, be aware of YOUR hitch weight limits and RV tow weight limits.  Some light weight gas units may not be able to handle a 2K trailer with a 3K car.  Some big diesel units  can handle twice that load.  Make sure what your limits are!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom