Strangest RV park rules, and policies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two stories...

We were backing our 45' coach into our spot in a small older 'quaint' CG near Houston TX.  The manager was spotting for me as I was backing up, when I noticed the guy in the next spot jumping up and running towards me, arms-a-waving.  I stopped to see what happened, while the cg guy was still waving me backwards.  Seems my ladder had hooked the overhead power lines (told you it was an old park) and we were about to sling-shot the entire line (and probably transformer) out of the park.  From then on, the coach does not move unless my wife is spotting for me - not because I'll blame her if something happens but because I trust her to not let it!

Second story.  A cg in N Florida had very nice grassy-covered spots.  They had a sign prohibiting campers from putting out any kind of mats, etc on the ground: "because it would block the sun and kill the grass".  Wonder what they thought the rvs themselves were doing to the grass, just sitting there and/or moving back-and-forth?

Funny rule- you must sit on the toilet seats, not stand on them. That was a campground rule we recently ran into. It also said we must use the minimal amount of toilet paper.

I have dual cameras on the back of our coach with one aimed low with a view from the bumper back about 20 feet, and the other aimed for the longer view of rear traffic. With the monitor switched to the low view camera, I can easily back within an inch or two of obstructions. That has led to some wild arm waving and yelling by bystanders at times, when they were sure I was about to hit something. Most laugh at themselves, some seem a bit embarrassed, and a few even get mad when I point out the cameras. Maybe I should but a sign on the back pointing them out? ;)

NY_Dutch said:
I have dual cameras on the back of our coach with one aimed low with a view from the bumper back about 20 feet, and the other aimed for the longer view of rear traffic. With the monitor switched to the low view camera, I can easily back within an inch or two of obstructions. That has led to some wild arm waving and yelling by bystanders at times, when they were sure I was about to hit something. Most laugh at themselves, some seem a bit embarrassed, and a few even get mad when I point out the cameras. Maybe I should but a sign on the back pointing them out? ;)

Last October at a local campground the owner backed in a 5th wheel for a camper a few sites away from us (the camper's request since it was a seasonal site that had raised, wood deck/patio making maneuvering very tight). The owner backed in with no troubles and then came over to talk to my and my friend. I usually stay out of other people's business but when the camper finished unhooking he stared to pull away and I yelled for him to stop - his tailgate was still up! He slammed on the brakes but turns out the gate was down but blended in with perfectly with the deck - his truck was light brown. I felt like a dumbass!

Joezeppy said:
Last October at a local campground the owner backed in a 5th wheel for a camper a few sites away from us (the camper's request since it was a seasonal site that had raised, wood deck/patio making maneuvering very tight). The owner backed in with no troubles and then came over to talk to my and my friend. I usually stay out of other people's business but when the camper finished unhooking he stared to pull away and I yelled for him to stop - his tailgate was still up! He slammed on the brakes but turns out the gate was down but blended in with perfectly with the deck - his truck was light brown. I felt like a dumbass!

I'm sure most of us have "Been there, done that..." in some form more than once in our lives, Joe... :)

RVMommaTo6 said:
Funny rule- you must sit on the toilet seats, not stand on them. That was a campground rule we recently ran into. It also said we must use the minimal amount of toilet paper.

There are countries that don't have sit down toilets, just a hole in the floor that you squat over. People form these countries stand on the seats and squat. Thus the need for the sign. It all depends on who your clientele is.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Funny that you mention that. We were at the Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick recently, and they had pictures of someone standing on the toilet seat, with the big red slash through the middle. I guess they have a problem with foreign types who don't know how to use a toilet seat. Kinda funny, as I had never seen that one before. The sign beside it showed someone sitting on the toilet seat, with a green circle around it. Not something you would think you needed to tell people.

I saw this in and around Yellowstone a couple of years ago, my guess is it is due to all the Chinese tourist.

I read (on the internet of course) that it is better for you to squat to poop.

"No public showing of affection"..  for example, no hand holding in public..no kissing..no hugs. :eek: :eek: southern Ohio Baptists.  No carp.. big sign right inside the office door.

WildBill

I used to hate to have to squat in the bathrooms on the countless times I visited Asia. I was really afraid I'd fall over and, if I didn't fall, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stand up. It got to the point that my Asian colleagues would go into a bathroom before me, come out and announce "Asian style" or "European Western style"; They always got a kick out of watching my expectant face.

We've been in a few parks where staff was expected to direct. DW spots and we connect by radio; I don't move unless she says so. She's parked me behind a tree and all I could see was down a knothole.

At our current park a guy was having hissy fits about us getting in and out of the way. DW finally got him to realize that if he'd shut up and quit waving his arms we'd already be in our spot. And no, it doesn't matter how many TTs and 5ers he's put in that spot, our motorhome does not bend in the middle.

At another park the spotter disappeared in my rear camera view. I said loudly on the radio to tell that **** to get out from behind me...and he did.

The last tree that jumped out behind me was in 2009. And now I've put the mouth on it....

RVMommaTo6 said:
It is lol
It's easier said than done for some of us older larger types :D :D

I've been to 2 parks that had a rule about no alcohol one was a religious affiliated one in mid Michigan and the other was in Tennessee.

ChasA said:
I read (on the internet of course) that it is better for you to squat to poop.
The following link falls under the TMI category. I haven't used one, but know a couple that swear by it. When I go in their bathroom it looks like a child's potty training aid.

https://time.com/5498225/squatty-potty-study/

I the rare times taht I do ask DW or one of the kids to spot for me...like when theirs low trees and it's tight or dark.... I'll open the windos so I can hear & then I'll ask them to just watch...hold their face where they can see me in the mirror....and hold a fist in front of their face and yell, only if I'm about to hit something...they pretty much know to not try and direct/guide me.  I've always found that just confusing anyway

Back
Top Bottom