Strangest RV park rules, and policies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wi1dBill said:
"No public showing of affection"..  for example, no hand holding in public..no kissing..no hugs. :eek: :eek: southern Ohio Baptists.  No carp.. big sign right inside the office door.

WildBill

You know why Baptists don't have sex standing up?  They don't want anyone to think they're dancing.

ChasA said:
I read (on the internet of course) that it is better for you to squat to poop.
I speak to this from a medical perspective not a joking one.  I made myself a squatty potty.  Don't knock it 'till ya tried it.  When I am away and without my squatty, I find myself trying to make one out of books or anything I can find that I can put my feet on to squat. 

Maybe not the thing for you if you aren't able to balance because it is weird at first.  It does require some dexterity to "saddle up".

After using it a week the "normal" way will feel crazy! 

No jokes here.  It is something we all do.

I am pulling down into my camp spot near Mt Washington.  As I pull in we unload the toad and come to our spot.  There is no way anyone could get my RV in there.  I keep going to turn around but it keeps getting worse.  I am sweating now.  Pretty soon I come upon a side by side which the owner is driving.  He's annoyed/mad.  He says "You didn't make a reservation for that.  We cant fit that in here."  I said "Sir why would I want to make a reservation for a spot too small for my rig?  What would I gain by doing that?" 

He says "When did you make the reservation?"  I said "Two weeks ago".  "Oh - Uh Huh" he says.  Eyes roll up in his head.  "Yeah we had some help that might have missed that."

Now he isn't mad at me.  I feels bad I can see it in his eyes.  I said "look we are both stuck in a situation neither of us wants to be in.  If you can drive it and just get us out then take the wheel."  He does't want to touch the wheel.  Took about an hour but we got it to where we needed it.  Owner is treating me like royalty now.  He knows I wasn't lying and it was there fault.  I commend him for not digging in deeper which some people do.

Then the water goes out intermittently.  Every time I go out and disconnect the hose from the RV it runs.  Connect it and go back inside and it is off.  I think there is something with the RV. When we left he says sorry about the water last night.  Aug!!!!!

In the posts about backing up, what does DW mean? Designated Watcher?

Second story.  A cg in N Florida had very nice grassy-covered spots.  They had a sign prohibiting campers from putting out any kind of mats, etc on the ground: "because it would block the sun and kill the grass".  Wonder what they thought the rvs themselves were doing to the grass, just sitting there and/or moving back-and-forth?

Personally I hate campground carpets. I can see the need for possibly a small one right by the steps so you can clean your feet before entering, but the bigger ones are grass killers, leaving nothing but dirt in the site. If the entire site is delineated where you put your rig and the site is gravel or concrete, no problem, but when a site has grass and someone puts down a carpet, the site will be bare dirt long into the future afterwards. When you camp at northern latitudes, rugs are banned because it is not easy to get grass growing with so little direct sun. I finally had to buy a carpet because others leave behind a site of wet dirt but afterwards I have to store the often wet, filthy thing. Now, before you go off telling me how wrong I am, consider that the weather conditions and soils where you camp may be different than the ones where I do.

Dan23 said:

Personally I hate campground carpets. I can see the need for possibly a small one right by the steps so you can clean your feet before entering, but the bigger ones are grass killers, leaving nothing but dirt in the site. If the entire site is delineated where you put your rig and the site is gravel or concrete, no problem, but when a site has grass and someone puts down a carpet, the site will be bare dirt long into the future afterwards. When you camp at northern latitudes, rugs are banned because it is not easy to get grass growing with so little direct sun. I finally had to buy a carpet because others leave behind a site of wet dirt but afterwards I have to store the often wet, filthy thing. Now, before you go off telling me how wrong I am, consider that the weather conditions and soils where you camp may be different than the ones where I do.
or the fact that almost none of the CG's have grass in the area (ours at least)...
  State parks pretty much all have this sort of marl/gravel base that's just dusty and nasty...and most of the other places we've been to are some mix of similar to just sand/dirt

Same as in other posts I would guess, Dear Wife who is often the Designated Watcher in many cases!! ;D

Alfa38User said:
Same as in other posts I would guess, Dear Wife who is often the Designated Watcher in many cases!! ;D

thanks. My DW and I communicate with 2-way radios, and not just while backing. But I can see why some CGs like a staff member on location while backing so someone's kid isn't run over. It's just good safety practice.

I saw a pitch for a campground in northern Oregon that specified no liquor, no pets, and campers were expected to attend chapel on Sunday morning. Needless to say we didn't follow up on it.

Roy M said:
I saw a pitch for a campground in northern Oregon that specified no liquor, no pets, and campers were expected to attend chapel on Sunday morning. Needless to say we didn't follow up on it.

Expected to attend chapel??? Wow! That is one way to fill the collection basket. Wonder if the CG owner is also the pastor? I would love to see what other regs this CG has. I can only imagine. I much prefer the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Check them out on Google.
RichH

Roy M said:

I think that is a cult - not a CG ???

Roy M said:
Motorcycles I can understand

Care to elaborate? What justification is there to ban motorcycles? I understand that may be their right, but what is the justification?

Dan23 said:
Care to elaborate? What justification is there to ban motorcycles? I understand that may be their right, but what is the justification?

I would guess it would be because of sound. Many, not all, Harley drivers modify their exhaust to make them louder. I could never understand why they do that. I can hear them coming on my road when they are 1/4 mile away and my windows and doors in my house are closed.

Rene T said:
I would guess it would be because of sound. Many, not all, Harley drivers modify their exhaust to make them louder. I could never understand why they do that. I can hear them coming on my road when they are 1/4 mile away and my windows and doors in my house are closed.

They will tell you, "loud pipes save lives."

Rene T said:
I have seen this restriction, and I do believe it is due to the sound. Then again, there are some diesel pickups that folks have modified to be almost as loud! It definitely isn?t restricted to Harley?s though. I actually have a tiny pop up trailer designed to be towed by a motorcycle, though I tow it with a car when we want to really ?camp?. The motorcycle camping rallies I attended when I was deciding which one to buy were definitely not filled with loud road bikes. Motorcyclists all get tarred from a few bad actors.

Rene T said:
That's why I said "Many, not all"

I have a motorcycle and I am opposed to the modification of exhaust for the sole purpose of annoying others.  Yes, the man children will come up with the childish remark that "loud pipes save lives" nonsense.  I respond with telling them to run the pipes out the front if that is the case. 

From this website: https://noisefree.org/sources-of-noise/motorcycles/

And according to a California Air Resources Board survey of 2003 to 2007 model year highway motorcycles, ?85 percent of newer motorcycles in Southern California (primarily Harley Davidsons) had some form of exhaust modification. After-market exhaust systems on highway motorcycles can range from straight pipes without any catalysts to systems with catalysts that have not demonstrated durability and/or the ability to effectively control emissions.?

Back
Top Bottom