rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Strangest RV park rules, and policies?  (Read 11713 times)

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Strangest RV park rules, and policies?
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2019, 06:30:59 PM »
I read (on the internet of course) that it is better for you to squat to poop.

It probably less messy than standing upright.  :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\ :-\ ;D :D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:32:42 PM by Rene T »
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »

Better than standing and pooping.  ::)
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

Wi1dBill

• ---
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »
"No public showing of affection"..  for example, no hand holding in public..no kissing..no hugs. :o :o southern Ohio Baptists.  No carp.. big sign right inside the office door.

WildBill

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
I used to hate to have to squat in the bathrooms on the countless times I visited Asia. I was really afraid I'd fall over and, if I didn't fall, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stand up. It got to the point that my Asian colleagues would go into a bathroom before me, come out and announce "Asian style" or "European Western style"; They always got a kick out of watching my expectant face.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:20:13 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

johnhicks

• ---
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »
  We've been in a few parks where staff was expected to direct. DW spots and we connect by radio; I don't move unless she says so. She's parked me behind a tree and all I could see was down a knothole.

At our current park a guy was having hissy fits about us getting in and out of the way. DW finally got him to realize that if he'd shut up and quit waving his arms we'd already be in our spot. And no, it doesn't matter how many TTs and 5ers he's put in that spot, our motorhome does not bend in the middle.

At another park the spotter disappeared in my rear camera view. I said loudly on the radio to tell that **** to get out from behind me...and he did.

The last tree that jumped out behind me was in 2009. And now I've put the mouth on it....

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
    • rvmama6 blog
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
It is lol
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
Aug 1, 2019- began our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 aka "home" 
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up
https://rvmama6.home.blog/

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2019, 12:06:50 AM »
It is lol
It's easier said than done for some of us older larger types :D :D

I've been to 2 parks that had a rule about no alcohol one was a religious affiliated one in mid Michigan and the other was in Tennessee.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • Matthew 6:34
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2019, 06:48:55 AM »
The following link falls under the TMI category. I haven't used one, but know a couple that swear by it. When I go in their bathroom it looks like a child's potty training aid.

https://time.com/5498225/squatty-potty-study/
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

Irover

• ---
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
  It is their Campgrounds and their rules and regulations; if I don't like something I just move on down the Road. This is the reason RV's have wheels! LOL.
Don't ever give up!! keep pushing toward the goal!!!
USAEUR; 1st Armored Div., E Co.123rd Maintenance Btln. 71-74

blw2

• ---
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
I the rare times taht I do ask DW or one of the kids to spot for me...like when theirs low trees and it's tight or dark.... I'll open the windos so I can hear & then I'll ask them to just watch...hold their face where they can see me in the mirror....and hold a fist in front of their face and yell, only if I'm about to hit something...they pretty much know to not try and direct/guide me.  I've always found that just confusing anyway
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
’13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

irishtom29

• ---
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2019, 06:22:05 PM »
"No public showing of affection"..  for example, no hand holding in public..no kissing..no hugs. :o :o southern Ohio Baptists.  No carp.. big sign right inside the office door.

WildBill

You know why Baptists don't have sex standing up?  They don't want anyone to think they're dancing.

KandT

• ---
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2019, 08:07:23 PM »
I speak to this from a medical perspective not a joking one.  I made myself a squatty potty.  Don't knock it 'till ya tried it.  When I am away and without my squatty, I find myself trying to make one out of books or anything I can find that I can put my feet on to squat. 

Maybe not the thing for you if you aren't able to balance because it is weird at first.  It does require some dexterity to "saddle up".

After using it a week the "normal" way will feel crazy! 

No jokes here.  It is something we all do.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 Deisel Crew Cab
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD - SOLD
American Car Dolly - SOLD
2009 Accord Toad - SOLD
Figuring out my next purchase.

KandT

• ---
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2019, 08:17:07 PM »
I am pulling down into my camp spot near Mt Washington.  As I pull in we unload the toad and come to our spot.  There is no way anyone could get my RV in there.  I keep going to turn around but it keeps getting worse.  I am sweating now.  Pretty soon I come upon a side by side which the owner is driving.  He's annoyed/mad.  He says "You didn't make a reservation for that.  We cant fit that in here."  I said "Sir why would I want to make a reservation for a spot too small for my rig?  What would I gain by doing that?" 

He says "When did you make the reservation?"  I said "Two weeks ago".  "Oh - Uh Huh" he says.  Eyes roll up in his head.  "Yeah we had some help that might have missed that."

Now he isn't mad at me.  I feels bad I can see it in his eyes.  I said "look we are both stuck in a situation neither of us wants to be in.  If you can drive it and just get us out then take the wheel."  He does't want to touch the wheel.  Took about an hour but we got it to where we needed it.  Owner is treating me like royalty now.  He knows I wasn't lying and it was there fault.  I commend him for not digging in deeper which some people do.

Then the water goes out intermittently.  Every time I go out and disconnect the hose from the RV it runs.  Connect it and go back inside and it is off.  I think there is something with the RV. When we left he says sorry about the water last night.  Aug!!!!!
2009 Accord Toad - SOLD

Dan23

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »
In the posts about backing up, what does DW mean? Designated Watcher?

Second story.  A cg in N Florida had very nice grassy-covered spots.  They had a sign prohibiting campers from putting out any kind of mats, etc on the ground: "because it would block the sun and kill the grass".  Wonder what they thought the rvs themselves were doing to the grass, just sitting there and/or moving back-and-forth?

Personally I hate campground carpets. I can see the need for possibly a small one right by the steps so you can clean your feet before entering, but the bigger ones are grass killers, leaving nothing but dirt in the site. If the entire site is delineated where you put your rig and the site is gravel or concrete, no problem, but when a site has grass and someone puts down a carpet, the site will be bare dirt long into the future afterwards. When you camp at northern latitudes, rugs are banned because it is not easy to get grass growing with so little direct sun. I finally had to buy a carpet because others leave behind a site of wet dirt but afterwards I have to store the often wet, filthy thing. Now, before you go off telling me how wrong I am, consider that the weather conditions and soils where you camp may be different than the ones where I do.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:52:50 AM by Dan23 »

blw2

• ---
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2019, 08:17:41 AM »

Personally I hate campground carpets. I can see the need for possibly a small one right by the steps so you can clean your feet before entering, but the bigger ones are grass killers, leaving nothing but dirt in the site. If the entire site is delineated where you put your rig and the site is gravel or concrete, no problem, but when a site has grass and someone puts down a carpet, the site will be bare dirt long into the future afterwards. When you camp at northern latitudes, rugs are banned because it is not easy to get grass growing with so little direct sun. I finally had to buy a carpet because others leave behind a site of wet dirt but afterwards I have to store the often wet, filthy thing. Now, before you go off telling me how wrong I am, consider that the weather conditions and soils where you camp may be different than the ones where I do.
or the fact that almost none of the CG's have grass in the area (ours at least)...
  State parks pretty much all have this sort of marl/gravel base that's just dusty and nasty...and most of the other places we've been to are some mix of similar to just sand/dirt
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
’13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2019, 08:25:41 AM »

Same as in other posts I would guess, Dear Wife who is often the Designated Watcher in many cases!! ;D
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver NOW S0LD!!

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Dan23

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Same as in other posts I would guess, Dear Wife who is often the Designated Watcher in many cases!! ;D

thanks. My DW and I communicate with 2-way radios, and not just while backing. But I can see why some CGs like a staff member on location while backing so someone's kid isn't run over. It's just good safety practice.

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2019, 10:54:28 AM »
I saw a pitch for a campground in northern Oregon that specified no liquor, no pets, and campers were expected to attend chapel on Sunday morning. Needless to say we didn't follow up on it.

aguablanco

• ---
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2019, 05:45:00 PM »
I saw a pitch for a campground in northern Oregon that specified no liquor, no pets, and campers were expected to attend chapel on Sunday morning. Needless to say we didn't follow up on it.

Expected to attend chapel??? Wow! That is one way to fill the collection basket. Wonder if the CG owner is also the pastor? I would love to see what other regs this CG has. I can only imagine. I much prefer the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Check them out on Google.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Freedom Spirit 24 FBSL
Curt 10K WDH
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

KandT

• ---
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2019, 08:31:05 AM »

I think that is a cult - not a CG ???
2009 Accord Toad - SOLD

Dream Chasers

• ---
  • Be Brave - Take Risks - Nothing Beats Experience
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
A campground in Maine doesn't allow motorcycles on the property. Bicycles can only be ridden to go in or out, but you cannot ride them around the campground.
Sheryl & Bobby and Roxie the Yorkie
Polk City, Florida
2015 Forest River Berkshire 34QS
2011 Honda CRV SE

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2019, 08:32:17 PM »
Motorcycles I can understand, the ban on bicycles seems a little excessive unless they have had problems with careless riders.

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
Motorcycles I can understand, the ban on bicycles seems a little excessive unless they have had problems with careless riders.

Well, you know how wild and crazy those bicycle gangs can be.
Retired Air Force
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

Dan23

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2019, 07:24:19 AM »
Motorcycles I can understand

Care to elaborate? What justification is there to ban motorcycles? I understand that may be their right, but what is the justification?

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2019, 08:41:47 AM »
Care to elaborate? What justification is there to ban motorcycles? I understand that may be their right, but what is the justification?

I would guess it would be because of sound. Many, not all, Harley drivers modify their exhaust to make them louder. I could never understand why they do that. I can hear them coming on my road when they are 1/4 mile away and my windows and doors in my house are closed.
AKA  Pep N Mem

PJ Stough

• ---
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »
I would guess it would be because of sound. Many, not all, Harley drivers modify their exhaust to make them louder. I could never understand why they do that. I can hear them coming on my road when they are 1/4 mile away and my windows and doors in my house are closed.

They will tell you, "loud pipes save lives."
PJ Stough   Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”--- Voltaire

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
I have seen this restriction, and I do believe it is due to the sound. Then again, there are some diesel pickups that folks have modified to be almost as loud! It definitely isn’t restricted to Harley’s though. I actually have a tiny pop up trailer designed to be towed by a motorcycle, though I tow it with a car when we want to really “camp”. The motorcycle camping rallies I attended when I was deciding which one to buy were definitely not filled with loud road bikes. Motorcyclists all get tarred from a few bad actors.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »
Motorcyclists all get tarred from a few bad actors.
That's why I said "Many, not all"
AKA  Pep N Mem

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
Electric motorcycles will alleviate the noise problem.  ;)
Retired Air Force
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife

lynnmor

• ---
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
That's why I said "Many, not all"

I have a motorcycle and I am opposed to the modification of exhaust for the sole purpose of annoying others.  Yes, the man children will come up with the childish remark that "loud pipes save lives" nonsense.  I respond with telling them to run the pipes out the front if that is the case. 

From this website: https://noisefree.org/sources-of-noise/motorcycles/

And according to a California Air Resources Board survey of 2003 to 2007 model year highway motorcycles, “85 percent of newer motorcycles in Southern California (primarily Harley Davidsons) had some form of exhaust modification. After-market exhaust systems on highway motorcycles can range from straight pipes without any catalysts to systems with catalysts that have not demonstrated durability and/or the ability to effectively control emissions.”