Visiting the Golden Arch in Saint Louis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fhoghvn

Hi.  We will be going through Saint Louis tomorrow in our 29 ft Motorhome towing a motorcycle trailer (42 feet long total).  We would like to visit the Golden Arch and want to know if there is somewhere we could park the rv and maybe take a taxi or uber to visit?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We will be coming from Odessa, MO heading east on I70.

Thanks,

Fred

fhoghvn said:
Hi.  We will be going through Saint Louis tomorrow in our 29 ft Motorhome towing a motorcycle trailer (42 feet long total).  We would like to visit the Golden Arch and want to know if there is somewhere we could park the rv and maybe take a taxi or uber to visit?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We will be coming from Odessa, MO heading east on I70.

Thanks,

Fred

So, You're going to McDonalds? 

Well... . The arch is not gold. It's silver---stainless steel.

Yes, I was joking for sure.  I lived in the St. Louis area for 51 years and am old enough to remember watching them build the St. Louis Arch and never once have heard it referred to as the "Golden Arch".....thus the McDonalds reference.  And yes, it is silver colored as it has a stainless steel skin and is 630' tall.  It is an awesome adventure to ride the tram up to the top and take in the view of the StL area....unless you are afraid of heights.  The last time I was up in it, probably 15 years ago, it was a windy day and you could actually feel the movement back and forth....but certainly well worth the time and $$ to go to the top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom