2020 Winnebago Adventurer 36Z your impressions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gbrawley

Going to sell our 03 Country Coach Intrigue 42 we bought new .  We are looking at smaller RVs are we are getting older and probably less time in RV.  Thinking about towing a 2014 CRV Honda.  Much lighter coach this time.  Just would like to hear some feedback on the quality of the Winnebago Adventurer .  General impression of the Adventurer line and ability to tow a 3500 lb suv.

Thanks for your feedback

G Brawley

I'm surprised there's no comments so far, apparently everybody was watching football yesterday. Over the years, the Adventurer has been the bread and butter for Winnebago in a gas unit and has been very popular. I assume for the 2020 model year it's on the Ford chassis so there should be no surprises there. There were major problems with Lippert (Power Gear) slide mechanisms a few years ago but I'll assume that has been mitigated. HWH jacks and slide mechanisms have been quite reliable as far as I know.

The 36Z probably has two roof airs which should be adequate especially since the Adventurer doesn't have full body paint. If you are used to remote bay door locks and keyless entry door, you would have to move up the food chain - I doubt if the Adventurer has those features.

I haven't inspected any recent Winnebago products so I can't comment on build quality however you should carefully inspect an Adventurer. Pull out drawers to see how well the drawer box was put together, look inside cabinets, try out the bed and furniture, etc. Winnie has been tightening their purse strings but hopefully they haven't compromised build quality - just something to be aware of.

John Canfield said:
The 36Z probably has two roof airs which should be adequate especially since the Adventurer doesn't have full body paint.

I'm confused. What does one have to do with the other?

New Adventurers I have seen in recent years DO have full body paint. We have friends who traded a 2002 Journey diesel on a new 2017 Adventurer. The love it, but say it took them a long time to get familiar with all the electronic "gadgets" & features. :)  The Adventurer should be quite capable of towing up to the hitch rating of 5k.

Heat absorption in the summer from dark full body paint is significant vs white gel coat, more BTUs of cooling are required (am I the only one here who figured that out?  ::) )

SeilerBird said:
Paint is heavy. With full body paint it would be too heavy for two air conditioners. :eek:

Tom, thank goodness I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that. It would have spurted out of my nose. Best laugh I've had this morning. Love your sense of humor.  ;)

If you are looking at the Adventurer for the first time, the new series (2019-2020) Adventurer is what it is.  If you looked at the Adventurer a few years back, you'll be disappointed.  The 2017 Adventurer was a top end gas coach that sported features and quality that paralleled the diesel pusher line.  Notice the nice exterior cabinets, rimless windows, nice interior cabinetry, appliances and upholstry -

https://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Adventurer-38Q-2017-Forest-City-IA-ID8814552-UX77725

When resurrected in 2018 - they came back as a lesser coach as you can see here - not the same build.  Notice the exterior cabinets, windows, appliances and interior.

https://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Adventurer-35F-2019-Forest-City-IA-ID8557631-UX77725

Back
Top Bottom