COFFEE TIME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
I just ordered some of my favorite coffee online from AMAZON.
Community Coffee and I use a drip maker

WHEN YOU BREW COFFEE WHAT ARE YOU BREWING and how?

DO NOT WANT TO KNOW what you buy from Starbucks, McDonald's, DD or other places that are premade

Community Coffee Dark Roast with the drip coffeemaker.
We like to find local brewers and try different blends in the ol' French Press.

We use one of these,

https://www.amazon.com/HIC-Harold-Co-2662-coffee/dp/B001S353EQ/ref=sr_1_14?hvadid=78546406114402&hvbmt=be&hvdev=t&hvqmt=e&keywords=drip%2Bcoffee&qid=1568073888&s=gateway&sr=8-14&th=1

With most any dark roast coffee.

San Francisco Bay French Roast, French press, strong (I'm not French  ;) )

At home we use a Keurig with usually Kirkland (Costco) Breakfast Blend K-Cups for my first cup of the day, then a different variety for our first cup after breakfast. Otherwise we have a Bunn drip unit where we mostly use Folger's classic, but occasionally throw in New Mexico Pi?on, sometimes pre-ground, sometimes we grind it, and once in a while we'll have something different yet.

On the road we use a Hamilton Beach Brew Station with Folger's.

We carry an automatic DeLonghi expresso maker. Lattes every morning! Yes, it takes up counter space, but we love it. Give me my triple shot vanilla latte before you try to talk to me. ?

Here?s the thing about coffee. I was in the military for most of my life. I?ve drank coffee from one of those huge multi gallon urns that has been cooking for 24 hours. I drank cowboy coffee in Alaska. Cowboy coffee recipe:

Boil water in big pot.
Dump requisite amount of coffee in pot.
Let boil for awhile.
Dip coffee out and ladle into cup.
Delicious with reindeer sausage.

Oldgator73 said:
Here?s the thing about coffee. I was in the military for most of my life. I?ve drank coffee from one of those huge multi gallon urns that has been cooking for 24 hours. I drank cowboy coffee in Alaska. Cowboy coffee recipe:

Boil water in big pot.
Dump requisite amount of coffee in pot.
Let boil for awhile.
Dip coffee out and ladle into cup.
Delicious with reindeer sausage.
Good stuff, but for real cowboy coffee it should be brewed over an open fire...

We also use the Hamilton Beach Brew Station as we don?t like the burnt taste of coffee in a glass pot sitting on a burner plate. Often when boondocking we will use our Aeropress if we need to save on electric. Makes a great cup of coffee!

We like to try different organic roasts in medium to dark. We also often try various local roasts if they sound interesting or if we have sampled something good.

Vicki

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom