Reupholstering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brave 1996

Good morning guys hope and pray all is well, question does anybody know of any company that does nice reupholstering and flooring of RVs hopefully somewhere in the Midwest as I'm from Chicago Illinois

Flooring?  Start calling flooring stores.  Eventually you will find one that is willing to do the work.  Be prepared though, RVs are very time consuming and it will likely cost you way more than your house would.
Furniture?  Again start calling upholstery shops.  Your best bet would be auto upholstery shops.  Again its not cheap.  You might find it cheaper to buy all new stuff.  There are a couple of places in Indiana that supply most of the manufactuers in the area.

Your carpeting was probably installed in the coach prior to fixtures being installed. If you look you will probably find carpet under many of the fixtures. I remember my early 90s Winnebago had the carpet under the couch, dinette, master bed and under cabinets that were mounted in a carpeted area. Re-flooring the unit is a specialized task. Re-upholstering is a fairly common task and you could probably get local leads online for your area.

If you are up to taking on both tasks, I would suggest to remove items needing re-upholstering and deliver them to their destination of service. That will help to simplify your flooring needs and you can then look at what fixtures are left and decide if maybe some of them could also be removed to help with the flooring task.

One other thing to consider with carpet is whether to use a pad or use a glue down carpet. The glue down would be easier but will not offer the acoustic and thermal benefits of a carpet pad.

darsben said:
On a budget Look a COLAWs RV slavage for furniture. They dismantle late model wrecks for part.

Yeah, but they're damn proud of their stuff when it comes to furniture.  I got good prices from them on a furnace and a set of steps, but I thought they were way out of line on the take out furniture, at least the pieces we were interested in.

Old_Crow said:
Yeah, but they're damn proud of their stuff when it comes to furniture.  I got good prices from them on a furnace and a set of steps, but I thought they were way out of line on the take out furniture, at least the pieces we were interested in.
  I Agree with you Old-Crow, I have got very reasonable prices from Colaw and they are very nice, helpful people working there, but their prices on used furniture are high in my opinion.

The salvage business is all about supply and demand. Furnaces and such are commodities across multiple brands and models, plus new ones available at discount prices.  Furniture, though, is a matter of color and style match and even finding the right one is a long shot, so the asking prices are commensurate with rarity and the high cost of re-upholstery or new replacement.

Brave 1996 said:
Good morning guys hope and pray all is well, question does anybody know of any company that does nice reupholstering and flooring of RVs hopefully somewhere in the Midwest as I'm from Chicago Illinois
we had a lady in Marseilles, Ill. do our upholstery, did a wonderful job but it does cost. I did a Bamboo engineered floor myself, if your a handyman you can do the floor as good as any pro. PM me if you want the phone number of her

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom