solo workcamper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbTN

hello all, I searched but did not find any info on workcamping as a solo. All the listings I've seen, here and other sites, seem to focus on a team of 2.

So, is there any way to make it workcamping as a solo guy? Or maybe a place that helps coordinate other solos to work as a team?

While indeed a majority of workamping opportunities are for couples, I have seen many for singles as well, particularly in maintenance. (I am a single workamper.)

My DW still works part time so I work camp and volunteer (gets me out of the house so she can work. LOL), so far all the opportunities I have found have been for me as a single worker. Maintenance is one that the State Parks like a single and some private parks too. I know of some private campgrounds that will hire a single to do bath houses.
I look at the job listings but have found the best thing to do is call or show up in person and talk to the people that hire.
Some friends will get a good rate for the season at a campground that is near a seasonal job outside the campground, many times better pay that will offset the camping fees.

I run an area for a concessionaire with 18 campgrounds.  I have 3 couples and the rest of the campgrounds are manned(or womanned)by single work campers. 

Have run into several single work campers over the years.  Here on Oregon State Parks system couples are asked to work 20 hours a week each.  Singles are asked for 30 hours a week.  Always 5 on 2 off.  Many of the hosts I worked with put in way more than the minimum required simply because they loved the job.  Oregon parks never ask you to do more than your physically capable of, so its almost always a lot of fun.

Hi, how anyone can work as a workcamper with RV team and what is the criteria to participate here if anyone want to join as a voluntary. 

Find a state, or national forest region you want to spend time in.  Look for a web site andmfollow the link.
For instance Oregon parks, if you want to volunteer go to OPRD.gov and, follow the link to volunteering.  There youmwill find a list of parks and job openings along with months available.

Back
Top Bottom