Furniture upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnibus

So, literally brand new to RV'ing.
The first thing we want to do is replace the cheesy looking Dinette and Couch in our Class C.
We want to keep RV qualified furniture, but we have no intention of having sleepovers, so the dinette does NOT need to convert to a bed, and neither does the couch, but we are OK with the furniture NOT flying about if things get a little rough on the road.
Where can we find replacement furniture?

Well, I don't think you need "RV qualified" furniture.  All you need is furniture that would weigh about the same as what you currently have.  I pulled my sofa bed out and put in a recliner for a while.  My wife didn't really like it though, so we put it back.  But really, just get what you want and make sure it's close to what you are taking out (weight, but more importantly, fit). 

It's funny you mention flying about.  We switched our dining table and sofa bed around (put the table where the couch was).  It all works much better that way, but after our last trip (first trip with the rearranging), we found the table laying against our L couch.  It had never moved when it was in the rear of the slide.  I am a bit baffled, since the table was behind the wheels before, where one would think it bouncier.  Dunno though, I'll have to find a way to tie it down.

By the way, I love your sig (Really, Barney and Bette??  And a poet to boot, with Freddy!)  Welcome to the RVing world!  Hope to see you down the road.

We replaced a jack knife sofa in our travel trailer with regular recliners, but I didn?t have to worry about flying furniture in a trailer. I don?t know what part of the country your are in, but there are some great remodelers in Red Bay, AL (Bunkhouse RV Conversions) and nearby Belmont, MS (MS Rv Solutions). While they are in the home of Tiffin, they work on all brands of rigs. I have seen brand new Marathons and older Winnebagos in their lots, among others. Bunkhouse in particular has a huge warehouse of RV furniture they have taken out of rigs, many brand new. They also buy small, end of run lots. We want to replace our huge sofa and single recliner with two recliners and a smaller sofa, and we will be using one of them, just haven?t decided which yet.

You can also buy RV furniture direct from Flexsteel, Villa, and Lambright, some of the primary suppliers to RV manufacturers.

We replaced a hide-a-bed and a recliner that were no longer comfortable with a recliner and theater seating from www.recpro.com
They are now also selling dinettes to match the furniture.  The dinettes will convert to a bed if you set them up right.  The theater seating is 2 recliners with a console, and they are quite comfortable enough to sleep in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom