rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: COFFEE TIME  (Read 4622 times)

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
Re: COFFEE TIME
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 09:07:27 PM »
I have heard, donít you love it when someone says that w/o references, that if you grind coffee beans they need to be fresh or you might as well just use already ground coffee. Maybe those that grind their own can shed some light on this.
I will say that when I ground beans for my Aeropress, I could absolutely taste the difference between freshly ground beans and those ground 2-3 days before. It makes sense when you consider how fragile som of the aeromatic oils are. Try it yourself and see if your results are the same.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
https://toobusyforwork.com

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »
I will say that when I ground beans for my Aeropress, I could absolutely taste the difference between freshly ground beans and those ground 2-3 days before. It makes sense when you consider how fragile som of the aeromatic oils are. Try it yourself and see if your results are the same.

I see folks at stores like Costco buy the beans and grind them on the way out (Costco has a coffee bean grinder after you checkout). I guess I donít see the point in grinding the beans when you buy them and taking them home and putting the coffee in the cabinet.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 07:01:26 AM »
We grind every morning and keep the beans in an airtight container as well. As far as taste, I used to require Splenda in my coffee and stopped using it when we switched.

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Pun'kin
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)- Sold
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 07:42:14 AM »
We like our coffee strong and black. I like mine stronger than my wife does. Most mornings I wake before she does so I make two cups. She is usually not far behind me but if not iíll Drink both cups and make her a fresh one when she appears. Many mornings we enjoy our first cup in bed. After all, my favorite breakfast is a roll with honey.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

D-n-R

• ---
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »
My later brother in law introduced us to Community Coffee.  Very nice.  DH still drinks Butternut which is now owned by Folger's but the they agreed to roast as usual.  Alas I mix all and any just get me that first cup and then I am able to function. Just finished---fun topic!!!!!!

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 06:55:49 AM »
Before we got the Keurig, we used to drink 8 o'clock French Roast whole bean.  We'd grind enough for each pot as we made it.
Now that we're using K-Cups we use whatever store we're near's house brand(currently, in Bishop, CA that would be Von's), either French Roast or Italian Roast.  Minimum 4 cups a day, more on cool, stormy days.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »
We grind every morning and keep the beans in an airtight container as well. As far as taste, I used to require Splenda in my coffee and stopped using it when we switched.

Ernie

Ernie, where did you get the air tight container?   Sounds like something that makes sense. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2019, 11:04:03 AM »
We store our whole beans until we grind daily. Diane bought a "coffee vault" about 6 years ago. It is still working great. 

https://www.amazon.com/Friis-Coffee-Vault-Canister-Stainless/dp/B001V9VDP0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1CWLOFA5Q6TSA&keywords=friis+coffee+vault&qid=1568649719&sprefix=Friis%2Caps%2C281&sr=8-4
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!
Visit our travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2020

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 05:54:40 AM »
I got each of the components including the sealed container on Amazon. We buy the coffee in one lb sealed bags (Amazon) and put them in the container immediately on opening.

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Pun'kin
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)- Sold
2006 Jeep Wrangler