Best Wax/Sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguablanco

Getting ready for Rocky Point next month and want to get the trailer detailed while I'm there. Searched here for the best wax or sealer and, to be truthful, the search engine on this site is not very good. I will be having the trailer washed, mechanically buffed and waxed and I would like a good product recommendation if anyone has one. The trailer has fiberglass sides as best as I can tell.
Thanks,
RichH

I like easy.

I use NU Finish.  It is easy to apply and buffs off easily after it dries to a haze.

Attachments

• r20170513_122024.jpg
    r20170513_122024.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 30
  • rdetail4.jpg
    rdetail4.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 26
  • e0ed2923-4b27-4ce9-94cb-02e5f4236be1_1.2fb64456eaf6a9c6e0b93e678c68793a.jpeg
    e0ed2923-4b27-4ce9-94cb-02e5f4236be1_1.2fb64456eaf6a9c6e0b93e678c68793a.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
I don't think you need to be picky - all the modern polish/wax products are synthetics and excellent at both surface protection and shine. And since you are going to pay somebody else to do, application labor is not a consideration, right?  Nor is there any need to insist on mechanical buffing unless the trailer is already oxidized and needs more than elbow grease to get it off.

Marine-type waxes hold up well in sun and weather, e.g. Meguiar's Marine/RV.  Other good choices include NuFinish, Protect-All, Starbrite RV, and Rejex

Check out the article in our forum library on maintaining new look of your RV
the search engine on this site is not very good

A tip - if you wish to search on a phrase, put it in quotes, e.g. "best wax or polish".

If you searched on 'sealant', you'd likely find discussions of ways to prevent leaks.

If you got a guy, chances are, he's got a wax.  Nothing special about it.  Personally I am a fan of Meguiar's products.

Just applied Protect-all and it went on quickly and produced a great shine. Reputedly good for twice a year application.

Ernie

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Nor is there any need to insist on mechanical buffing unless the trailer is already oxidized and needs more than elbow grease to get it off.

This is partially correct.  While it is true with many of the modern products can be applied by hand, using a machine not only makes the job easier, using a machine makes for the best application of product because machines create heat which more thoroughly apply the wax product and work it into the surface.  When applying a All-In-One product, in other words a cleaner wax which has a polish component along with the wax or sealant, a machine with correct pad will be more effective at removing minor surface blemishes.

SpencerPJ said:
If you got a guy, chances are, he's got a wax.  Nothing special about it.  Personally I am a fan of Meguiar's products.

Agree, unless you are just hiring for the labor, usually someone not in the detail business but willing to do the work, it is true they will bring their own product.  I too have found McGuiars to be very good, specifically for boats and RV's I have for years been using McGuiars Flagship Marine line.

I use Turtle Wax Ice on all our vehicles.  I get the liquid and put it in good spray bottle.  The spray they sell is too diluted for me.  They also have a paste that lasts longer.

I used to use Meguiars cleaner wax, it?s lots more work.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I don't think you need to be picky - all the modern polish/wax products are synthetics and excellent at both surface protection and shine. And since you are going to pay somebody else to do, application labor is not a consideration, right?  Nor is there any need to insist on mechanical buffing unless the trailer is already oxidized and needs more than elbow grease to get it off.

Marine-type waxes hold up well in sun and weather, e.g. Meguiar's Marine/RV.  Other good choices include NuFinish, Protect-All, Starbrite RV, and Rejex

I use Meguiar's Marine/RV wax, cleaners & polishes 100% & use the 3 step system once a year, Decals & stripes still look good as new.

Happy Camping!

Very simply "XZILON"!!!  Had this applied to our rig when we bought it and I love it. NO WAXING.  Very few black streaks... and those general wash off with a rain.
Bugs still plaster the nose but they come off a whole....whole lot easier. 
I had it cleaned professionally, the first trip from Ohio to AZ and the crew told me that that was the easiest cleaning job they had in along time. Best of all no waxing. 
A bit pricey at $1,000.00 but I glad I did it every time I wash the bugs off the nose.
I washed the rig myself in half the time it took to wash our last rig.  Before, every time I washed the nose to get the bugs off I was stripping the wax. So I had to reapply the wax.  I even tried the ZEP floor wax trick.  Didn't help the bug problem, turned yellow and flaked in the AZ Sun. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFT35VtZD-A

Wi1dBi11

There is a product called F11 I think?  Seems to be advertised heavily, but does anyone have any experience with it?

If I have the time, and motivation, I use a Carnuba wax and hand/machine finish. Especially for the front where bugs and dirt are the toughest.

Not fully sold on this product, it's a liquid wet-applied Aerolon TechShine that is applied wet, then rinsed and hand dried/buffed.

But I will stand behind Meguires Spray Wax applied after the wash rinse. Then lightly buffed/dried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom