LP GAS DETECTOR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCP

Where is a good place to purchase a battery powered LP Gas Detector for my camper? Thanks, LCP.

Camping World should have them, or the parts department of your nearest RV dealer. Also, there are numerous RV repair shops around that might carry them, although I suspect you'll pay top $$ there.

If you are replacing a faulty LP gas detector, check if the one installed on your RV is attached to a solenoid on your LP tank.  Some LP gas detectors are also voltage detectors that will shut off the gas supply in case the battery voltage drops below 12VDC.  This is a safety feature to ensure the LP detector remains operational.  If the voltage drops and cannot support the detector, the detector turns off the LP supply.

They also make LP detectors built into CO detectors.  I purchased a combo CO/LP gas detector at a Menards this past winter for use in my ice fishing shack.  I am now using it in my camper for the summer season.  Can run off 12 volt batter or plug into standard wall outlet.

beer batter said:
They also make LP detectors built into CO detectors.  I purchased a combo CO/LP gas detector at a Menards this past winter for use in my ice fishing shack.  I am now using it in my camper for the summer season.  Can run off 12 volt batter or plug into standard wall outlet.

Beer batter

I might be a bit cautious with the combo detector, I think the gasses seek different heights. Our LP detector is at floor level and the CO detector at waist height. A floor level LP detector will sound the alarm for LP leakage a lot sooner than a waist high one.

Bernie is right. Propane is heavy and any leak will accumulate at floor level, not at the height of a wall receptacle.

Back
Top Bottom