Favorite Bedliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

After market spray ins, corrugated drop ins, the bed rug and different thicknesses are all considerations.

Anyone have one they really like?

I have Line-X spray-in. Had it done when my truck was new. Love it. The only down side I can think of is it's a bit rough. Good for holding cargo in place but a little rough on the knees and you have to be careful sliding delicate items in and out. I put some holes in a pop-up shelter once.

I've personally only had the plastic drop-in liners....not by specific design really, just how it happened..
My dad had a truck once that he had just a rubber mat in the bottom.

personally I hated the rubber mat.  get something heavy on it and it was impossible to slide forward to close the gate or rearward to lift out... also I hated how debris would get under it, then we'd have to wrestle the heavy mat out to clean the bed...then wrestle it back in...

I'd assume the spray ins are similar re. things sliding
but I happen to know some folks like the rubber so stuff stays put back there.

I suppose it depends on what you're hauling and doing with the truck.

with the spray in's, I'd assume it wouldn't protect against denting all that much...so again, depending on what you're doing....

For my use, I've generally been satisfied with the plastic drop-ins over many years

i have sold 1000s and 1000s of box liners wood is good for work trucks that have oily greasy things on them because the wood will absorb some of it and they are cheap, plastic liners are a pain because they crack but also cheap, bed rugs is great if you drive a princess truck that only sees golf clubs and wake boards skis etc not so great if you carry wood etc that can weave into the rug ( had one in the wifes truck with a canopy and we put all the wakeboard stuff and dogs in it - awesome)but very very durable - linex is the most durable but yes rough on the knees - i have had linex in all on my trucks (i do so many of them linex does it for free lol and in on number 7 or 8 lol) - in an ideal world i would linex and bed rug / bed mat  - BUT cant use a bed rug and a 5th wheel hitch at the same time

https://bedrug.com/

My truck came with the Line-X.  All comments above are correct, but I can slide stuff in and out, but with more than normal effort.  I have hauled gravel with no issues.  The tiller rolled in easily.  We moved a couple organs.  A rug under one made it easy to slide.  One without the rug - not so much!  It really does a great job of protecting the bed!

I have always preferred the rubber drop in mats. Way less expensive, does keep stuff in place when you put it back there.  I am different than some in that I am not too concerned if the bed of the truck gets scratched up. It's a truck, that's what I bought it for, to do work with it! Cleaning it was a breeze, never took the mat out, just folded it over one way and swept under it, then fold the other way. Always got the liner that also had the tailgate section included.

Usually picked them up at Pep Boys for about $100, or less on sale.

I used Rhino Liner in several trucks, it held up very well and I sure abused it, wood, metal, dirt, rock, you name it. I think you can get different thicknesses of the LineX, not certain.

My nephew used to install Super Liner...... https://bedliner.com/.....when the others would fail. I have it on the deck of our pontoon boat for over 10 years, on the roof of our stepvan and did the interior of our Jeep, 9 years ago. It still looks like new. Superliner stay flexible yet tough in cold weather and flexing, it can be tinted to match vehicle color or make designs in the bed....Like everything the prep work is the most important.

I had a rubber mat in the truck for 25 years. 10 years ago I sprayed bed liner. After having loads slide around I put the rubber mat back in. Still using the same 35 year old rubber mat.

I have a plastic drop in, the 5th wheel rails were installed without it so I had to cut slots to clear them which works. The tailgate has to come off to remove or install the hitch though, standard box, as it won't clear the protector.
I looked after a fleet of light trucks in a previous life, we used plywood liners because of the abuse the beds took. They worked but could not be re used when we turned the leased trucks in after 3 years, too hard to remove without breaking them.

I had a plastic drop in liner on my first F-250, and it did fine.  I had no problems with it.  I got it a little late, and had some "use" already in the bed, but what the heck...it's what the truck is for.  I now have a dealer spray in liner.  Not sure what the brand is, but I think I heard they use Line-X at this dealer.  I haven't had a chance to break it in with any heavy duty use yet, but it's there when I do.  I like it, and I know it will protect the bed against most use I will put the truck to. And it looks great!

Back
Top Bottom