Albacore Tuna hit the deck in Northern Ca.,,, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Broke Boater

This spring/summer season has been a little crazy for me and interfering with me fishing, normally I fish way more. I finally got out on the Tuna grounds out of Trinidad with my buddy on his boat. The fish have been close this year, only a 25 mile run out. Boxed 25 fish and had to get back to the sling launch before they closed at 4pm, they are operating on their winter hours now. I have some canning to get done today, still need one more trip to have a cupboard full of nice white meat Albacore for Lisa and I and to share with the family. The warm blue water will start to break up in a few weeks and the fish leave our coast. Didn't take any pics this trip,,,gregg

Well done! We are in Netarts Oregon and they are landing Albacore in Garibaldi, $2.99 a pound apparently!

I got about 40 pint jars after trimming everything. Smoked the bellies this morning and canning those right now. I can them for the extended shelf life. The bellies are fantastic smoked, and eaten on bagels and cream cheese with a Bloody Mary, one of our favorite morning snacks when camping and or boating,,,gregg

Back
Top Bottom