rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Dogs in hot car  (Read 2093 times)

Domo

• ---
Re: Dogs in hot car
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
Sadly, you were a vandal either way (break the window or water on leather seats).
The proper response is to call a Ranger. However, providing shade (blanket/umbrealla/tarp) over the roof of the car could have been a noninvasive action while you waited for the Ranger.

Despite my statement, I commend you for taking the time and making and effort to temporarily help the animals. Again, permanent solution would have been the local authority that CAN take action to remove the pets from danger.

Again - thanks, for helping - I'll tell my dog you were a hero - she'll be grateful, also.
2008 Tiffin 36QSH
2017 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
BlueOx tow bar and base plate
Roadmaster Brakemaster
[line][/line]

Light travels faster than sound...
                                     that's why some people seem so bright before they open their mouths!

Skookum

• ---
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 11:04:01 AM »
I hate people who neglect pets. Dh and I are hyper-vigilant. Pavement temps (paws), ambient conditions (hypothermia, heat stress, sun exposure). If we're hot and thirsty the dog is probably experiencing it 2x. Pets are vulnerable and dependent and need extra care. It's not a hard concept to understand.

I'm terrified of leaving our dog anywhere. He's been on RV trips with us before and generally accompanies us everywhere, or we split off (i.e. one of us runs inside while the other stays with the dog in the RV or car). He'd never be left alone for a long time anywhere but for the short times when we do need to leave him in the RV, we always make sure AC is going, and we have a device that monitors and reports inside temperature, and has cellular capabilities with all kinds of alerts that it can send us if the temperature starts to change, because, stuff happens. It has its limitations but is a cool device to help monitor in those situations where we'rein range and do have to leave for a little while (but not far!).

cerd

• ---
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2020, 12:07:40 PM »
I condone your giving the dogs some water, but beware that if you were caught, the owners could have sued you for vandalism as Domo said. If you want to play it safe, contact the ranger or law enforcement.

Like Gary, I get irritated with how many people bring their pets into various stores. Do you really need to bring your dog to pick up some drywall? The grocery store is the one that makes me livid. Get your cat away from the produce. Have you ever heard of salmonella?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:09:46 PM by cerd »
1990 Chevy G30 Gulfstream Ultra Class C
350TBI

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2020, 03:53:44 PM »
Well my cat stays in one of my "Cars" (The big one also known as a motor home) most all the time... But if it's hot there is air conditioning, and if it's cold heat and I try to roam where it's neither.

He does not like the car but on the rare occasion where I put 'em in the car I have forced air fans running to help him stay properly cool.   I figure if I'm not comfortable napping in the car. he won't be.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

skydivemark

• ---
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2020, 02:31:42 PM »
Some police K-9 vehicles now have signs on the sides asking people to call 911 if the horn is beeping. The beeping signals that the inside temperature has reached a level that could endanger the K-9 trapped inside. An officer sometimes has no choice but to leave the K-9 in the unit for unknown periods of time. I'd like to see an autostart system for those situations that would also turn on the A/C, but I'm not aware of any currently on the market.

The one I referred to was parked in his driveway at home after his shift ended. My opinion is; there was absolutely NO reason or excuse to leave the dog in the car.
2015 Thor Four Winds 31L
Clermont, FL

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Home is where our wheels are!
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
The one I referred to was parked in his driveway at home after his shift ended. My opinion is; there was absolutely NO reason or excuse to leave the dog in the car.

I think I might have called the police and reported a dog left in a hot car at such and such address without elaborating on it in that case. Let them sort it out...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 05:18:10 PM »
I like Dutch's idea.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y