Gladiator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,

I finally gave in and traded the Rubicon (four inch lift, Winch bumper, Warn, Rack, Toad). I ordered  a Gladiator Sport S. Turns out that properly optioned the difference from a Rubicon is the front antisway bar and AT tires. Key option is the HD towing package that gets you Dana 44's with 4.10 axles. Skid plates seem the same. And it comes in Pun'kin (looks orange to me) which is similar the the Dozer I have on the Rubicon and, I hope, quite striking.

I'm blaming Tara for this since she is sure we need a four door and I think the pickup looks kinda neat. Plus we don't do the rock crawl thing much any more.

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
I think the pickup looks kinda neat.

There's one here in the campground and yes, they do look neat. I'll bet they sell a lot of them (I think Ford's going to sell a lot of the new Bronco's too)

Congrats on the Gladiator.  My DW is convinced we "need" a 4 door also.  Not sure why, the dog is the only one who rides in the back seat, and besides, the TJ is paid for.

Just for grins, though, what's the curb weight on that Jeep?  Under 5K?  Inquiring minds and all.

Ernie n Tara said:
Curb weight is 4,600 lb per Jeep and the same as the scaled weight on my Rubicon ready to go.

Ernie

Ernie, is that stock?  Our 2016 Willys CAT scale weight is 4820.  That's with an after market steel bumper we use in place of a base plate,  a full tank of gas and me (about 180 at the time).  Takes some of the motorhomes CCC so we're not over the GCVW. 

The Gladiator is new weight. The Rubicon is with contents and a winch bumper and winch; Probably 400 or so added.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom