Latest trip report mishaps.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

We have towed the new to us Equinox from FL-VA-Niagara Falls- MA-Mystic CT- Hersey PA - VA.  On the leg from Hersey to VA we experienced the "death wobble" at the end of a construction zone doing 45-50mph.  It seems to me like just the right conditions, i.e speed, bumps, rough road to cause this to happen.  Possibly a short spot where the RV was lifting on the tow bar while the car was at the bottom of a bump caused while a lane shift was in progress.  The fast lane was shut down with both lanes shifted to the right.  We were in the right lane which normally would be the break down lane.  Lucky for us this was at the final lane shift back to normal lanes.  This gave me room to stop in the now beak down lane to stop the "death wobble."  Hasn't happened again.

One the leg from Mystic CT to Hersey PA in a construction zone not far after the Tappen Zee/Cuomo Bridge we the lost the Center Alcoa hub cap on the passenger side rear.  Once again the the slow lane doing 45-50 mph with lots of bumps and rough road.  It has been on since the new tires were put on in the fall of '16 and since then we traveled from Florida too Washington state and back in '17.  In '18 from Florida to Virginia and back, and then this year the trip listed above.

Good news is our awning fabric caught up with us, or us to it, that we lost in a nearby tornado 5-6 weeks ago in Virginia.  I got that installed yesterday with the help of my son and DW.  See my post from earlier.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,123404.msg1126631.html#msg1126631

Back
Top Bottom