rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta  (Read 3142 times)

taoshum

• ---
Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 02:31:37 PM »
Looks awesome.

My wife and I have talked about going to this one year but haven't been able to make it yet.  Talked to some friends a couple of weeks ago at the FMCA 4-Wheelers Black Hills Gathering that were going and they told us how much fun it was so I guess we'll have to make more of an effort to get there.

Mike

I'd predict that you'll enjoy it... even with the crowds.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

bill dane

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
Was in Colorado Springs yesterday and went to a Mexican eatery and one was giving the choice of Red Chile or Hatch Green Chile.  Will be going through  Hatch tomorrow and may stop and shop.

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 09:34:47 AM »
Well that was fun. Had one day of light rain for an hour or so, half a day of cloudy skies, and the rest of the weather was nice. There was only one morning they couldnít launch due to winds, but that ainít bad.

Weíre spending a couple of days in KOFA before heading home. Weíre literally the only RV anywhere in sight. Gorgeous weather here! Debra.... sorry we couldít hook up. The mass of humanity in the launch area, and the distance between us made it difficult. By the way, are you gonna tell everyone about your new GPS, or am I?  ;D

Kev
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:34:26 PM by Kevin Means »
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
RVI Brake 2, TST 507 TPMS, 960 watts of solar, SolaRVector tilt
Lakeside, California

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2019, 09:46:12 AM »
Youíre killing me. Wish there was one more MH in KOFA. ;)
Iíve had to run the furnace the last two nights and will again tonight to protect from freezing.
Theresa says we are done until we leave for KOFA in January. Guess I better winterize.  :(
Tom & Theresa
2004 Pace Arrow 37C, Workhorse W22, 8.1 Vortec
2014 Honda CR-V Toad, Roadmaster -5 Base and tow bar
SMI Stay and Play Duo Brake system

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2019, 12:05:51 PM »
Tom, if it makes you and Theresa feel any better, itís only supposed to get up to about 79 here today, but the mild breeze will make it feel more like 75. (Brrrrr...) No wonder no one else is out here! This hardcore boondocking ainít for everyone. ;D

Kev
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:21:34 PM by Kevin Means »
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Lakeside, California

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2019, 02:52:02 PM »
Ya, Ya, Ya.. I'm feeling better already. (or, is that bitter already)

Enjoy KOFA
Tom & Theresa

Debra17

• ---
  • Fulltimer
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »
Well that was fun. Had one day of light rain for an hour or so, half a day of cloudy skies, and the rest of the weather was nice. There was only one morning they couldnít launch due to winds, but that ainít bad.

Weíre spending a couple of days in KOFA before heading home. Weíre literally the only RV anywhere in sight. Gorgeous weather here! Debra.... sorry we couldít hook up. The mass of humanity in the launch area, and the distance between us made it difficult. By the way, are you gonna tell everyone about your new GPS, or am I?  ;D

Kev

Be my guest Kevin, haha!  Actually I donít have the GPS. It was still working and was returned to the balloon pilot. Iím scheduled with an installer in Tucson to have my solar panel replaced the first week of November.

Debra & Misty, the cat
2017 Northwood Nash 17K
2015 Ford F250 Lariat
http://www.debsrvtravels.com

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »
Oh man....now everyone will be able to figure it out before I have a chance to embellish the story. Anyway... Debra got upgraded to a fancy/smancy site overlooking the takeoff area. One morning, when all the balloons were taking off, someone dropped a GPS out of their gondola. Of all the places it could have landed, fate directed to one of Debraís solar panels, shattering it.

Maybe that was a good thing. If it had hit your roof, who knows, it might have punched a hole in it. Glad youíre getting the panel replaced soon.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Lakeside, California

Debra17

• ---
  • Fulltimer
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 10:18:09 PM »
Yes Iím glad it hit the panel rather than the roof. Who knows how much damage it would have done to the roof. Also Iím glad I was home when it happened. Since the panels were still charging I wouldnít have noticed anything wrong. Itís just been a few weeks since I cleaned and inspected the roof and panels. So it may have been a good while before I went up there.

I wouldnít really call where I was parked fancy!  The only plus is itís proximity to the launch field. Although Friday it was waterfront property for awhile LOL!
Debra & Misty, the cat
2017 Northwood Nash 17K
2015 Ford F250 Lariat

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 07:39:03 AM »
I thought you meant "waterfront property" figuratively until I saw the pictures! Sure did a number on the panel. Looks like an upgrade opportunity.

Were you inside when it hit?
Tom & Theresa

Debra17

• ---
  • Fulltimer
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 09:05:56 AM »
I was inside and it was extremely loud. I went outside and saw the balloon right over me. Then went up and checked the roof.
Debra & Misty, the cat
2017 Northwood Nash 17K
2015 Ford F250 Lariat