Help with loud rattle drivers side slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Win10$

On the road in Georgia 2010 Winniebago 30w. Slidout works fine but when underway loud knocking on even smooth roads.
I've checked the basements adjust the stops a little..( not sure how much I can).. nothing under the coach is loose that I can find it's got to be the slide. Any suggestions or last experiences will be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar noise. Our rig had mud flaps in "front" of the rear tires (don't ask me why) and when the tires wore them down to where there was only a strip in the middle it would catch between the duals and make an odd snap/thud type of noise every 5-10 seconds almost like a tire kicking up something. Once I figured out what it was I just cut it off.

Our 2014 Sunstar slideout, on the driver's side, has a plastic escutcheon or cover plate over the top outside corner at the front and back. We had a similar noise that I traced to them being loose. The noise came and went depending on wind and road speed.

They are held on with screws that are impossible to replace as the slide room is installed.

I glued them down with a glob of clear Lexel, and that seems to have fixed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom