1969 Carpenter Bus Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Challen

Hi All,
My wife inherited a 1969 35' Carpenter Bus that was converted in 2008.  Her late father did an amazing job with the and he died shortly after completion.  It only has 23,724 miles on a Cummins VT903 Diesel V8 engine.  It's been kept inside a large Commercial Shop all the time.  It has been started occasionally but not for the last few years (it's in WA and we live in AZ).  We drained the coolant before we moved, per a trucker friend's advice.  We want to sell it but we are not sure of the value.  We were not involved at all in her late Father's conversion.  I've attached a picture.  The door glass is cracked though the door is functional, aside from that it's great.  Can anybody tell what they believe a fair price would be?  Thanks!  Details and pics can be seen at this CL link -

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/6984289729.html

I stand corrected, it doesn't require a CDL.  That said, any thoughts on value?

Sorry for your and your wife's loss.

That is a beautiful, classic bus that will appeal to someone looking for that. And also someone willing to drive a manual transmission. An older bus, no matter how well cared for, will be expensive to maintain and difficult to get parts for. Some will love it, some won't. Very hard to place a value on it, you might do some research for other classic busses to see their asking prices. I see you're asking $22K in your ad - with nothing else to go on other than the feeling it would be a stunner in person, I think you're in the ballpark price wise.

That rig will turn heads in any campground, and I imagine would draw considerable attention at classic bus gatherings.

Thank you Scott, I appreciate your sympathies, compliments and keen insights.  Came up with that price from surfing ads, but there's not a lot in the way of comparables out there to use.
Jim

The antique bus conversion crowd is a bit of a niche market, generally these sorts of RV's only appeal to people that are very mechanically inclined and can do most of their own work on the bus, or at least can tell someone else how to do it.

Great looking bus.  I agree with above, and encourage you to seek out Bus Conversion Forums for additional assistance as well. 

Thank You Spencer and Isaac!  I'll see if I can find a Bus Conversion Forum out there...
Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom