Country Music on PBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarsMac

Anyone else catch the Ken Burns series on Country Music the last couple of weeks?

It has, IMHO, been a remarkable piece of work.

SeilerBird said:
I love country music. Ken's work is always outstanding. I am waiting for it to show up on Amazon Prime since I don't receive PBS.

Well the DVD is there, now.
I suppose they want to sell a few of those before the make it available online

Correction:
The series is online. Not included in prime subscription, but available at 7 bucks an episode, or 50 for the whole "season"

SeilerBird said:
Ken's work is always outstanding. I am waiting for it to show up on Amazon Prime since I don't receive PBS.

I too have always found Ken Burns documentaries outstanding and listening to and liking different genres of music, including country, I thoroughly enjoyed the Ken Burns PBS documentary on Country Music.  However you obtain a copy of this documentary, it will be well worth your effort and sure you too will enjoy it.

We have it on our DVR and are about two episodes behind watching it.  It really is a wonderful series.  Very well done.  PBS is part of our internet/cable package.

We've watched all except for Tuesday (episode 6?). It is excellent, as is usual for Burns.

SeilerBird said:
I love country music. Ken's work is always outstanding. I am waiting for it to show up on Amazon Prime since I don't receive PBS.

You don't get over the air programming? All it would take for where you are is a cheap antenna.

I watched all 8 and it was fantastic!  Maybe the best work Burn's has done since the Civil War.  If you have not watched the last episode yet you might want to have a box of tissues close by.  It contains some very moving moment.

DavidM said:
I watched all 8 and it was fantastic!  Maybe the best work Burn's has done since the Civil War.  If you have not watched the last episode yet you might want to have a box of tissues close by.  It contains some very moving moment.

I havent see the episode, but my guess would be Patty Loveless and Vince Gill at George Jones' funeral?

BruceinFL said:
You don't get over the air programming? All it would take for where you are is a cheap antenna.
Probably do but I don't want to watch the commercials and I want to watch it whenever I feel like it and not whenever they feel like it.

We've only watched the first two episodes and they were both outstanding.  Glad the series is being recorded!

ArdraF

I didn't think I was a fan of country music but I sure enjoyed the program.  Maybe I am a fan after all.

#7 ranks as our favorite... probably because I lived in Austin when it was just becoming a music venue on par with the Tennessee crowd.

PJ Stough said:
I havent see the episode, but my guess would be Patty Loveless and Vince Gill at George Jones' funeral?

Yes! 

Also Bill Monroe, Johnny Cash passing and a song and story by Kathy Mattea "Where've You Been" about her husband grandparents.

Back
Top Bottom