Water Damage HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beckakwi

Hello everyone!

So we just bought a class C motorhome, a 2006 Jayco Greyhawk. There had been a small water leak in one of the corners due to a bad roof seal but the owners caught it early. In an upper cabinet the wall does feel slightly soft but I would say it's about a 6 in area and the leak has since been sealed off. That said we began taking the wallpaper borders off last night and some of the vinyl also came up on the same wall where the leak was. it looks a little dark on the luan behind it but I stuck my nose right up in there, no mold smell and it was dry. We're already planning on painting it so my question is should i just glue the vinyl down and then put some wood filler over the edge so you can't tell it ripped there? Or should I rip the vinyl on that wall off and paint the luan. Like I said the whole thing smells great I'm not super worried about it I just need to know the best way to fix it. Any advice is greatly appreciated as we have never reno'ed one of these beasts before!

No magic answer here.  Hard to give advise without pictures.  It does not sound bad, so I would say, fix it to your preference.  Congrats on your new camper, good times ahead, keep it simple  8)

It it were mine I would try to expose the small soft area and use one of the epoxy or resin wood restoring remedies. Untreated it could become a dry rot problem because humidity levels are much higher in RVs. If you do it carefully and make the repair look as factory as possible you won't need to worry about it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom