TT towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcragg

Does any have experience towing with the new gen silverado/sierra

I have a 2017 silverado 6.2 and am contemplating the new generation 1500 silverado 6.2
has anyone made the transition, are they any better for towing

Current truck pulls fine for the most part
only tow 10-12 times a year

TT - 2500BH MPG
GVWR  7,728 Lbs
Dry Weight  5,576 Lbs
Hitch Weight  728 Lbs
Length    29'-8"

I have used a 2019 GMC Sierra 5.3L/8 Speed/3.23 truck on my TT one time and it did great although I thought the suspension was a bit too soft.  That being said, I am very familiar with the new line up and can tell you the only difference you may notice is the new trucks (on average in an apples to apples comparison) are lighter in weight than the K2XX 2014-2018 trucks and the brake rotors increased in diameter so small upgrade in braking.  Your older 6.2L truck will have the exact same HP and TQ rating as the newer truck.  However, the newer 6.2L can be had with a 10 speed trans which may help some but if I were you, I would keep what you have.  The newer trucks look like Toyotas, have the goofy push button start, and have automatic engine shut off which is very annoying.

9c1fanatic said:
...the goofy push button start...

What's goofy about it? Walk up to the vehicle, unlock it, and then start it - all while keeping the keys in your pocket. I love it! although I do know a guy who started his car, took his coat off in the house, and then drove away...that was awkward when he had to ask for a ride home to get the keys later that day, hahaha!

I?m so used to my push button start that I constantly forget to take the keys out of my pocket when driving the wife?s Jeep. The best feature is you can?t lock the keys in the car.

Joezeppy said:
What's goofy about it? Walk up to the vehicle, unlock it, and then start it - all while keeping the keys in your pocket. I love it! although I do know a guy who started his car, took his coat off in the house, and then drove away...that was awkward when he had to ask for a ride home to get the keys later that day, hahaha!
I get a warning that the key isn't in the vehicle. My wife will get out with the key at a store and it will warn you can even restart for 30 seconds.
But if you ignore all of the warnings bring your phone so you can call for help.  ;D

Personal preference.  The feature can be convenient if you develop good habits to ensure you keep up with the fob. 

On the other hand, from a professional stand point, auto theft involving this technology has been sharply on the rise as this feature comes common place on most vehicles.  Mainly due to customer habits but still ironic when you consider the technology involved.

Also, having keys is convenient when you want to go swimming, boating, tubing etc.  Separate the remote from the key.  Chipped keys can get wet, the key fob/remote, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom