RIP Ginger Baker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never got to see Cream live. From 67 and 68 I was not going to too many concerts, they were coming to me. I was working for a concert promoter and he was too cheap to hire the biggest acts. He got them when they were up and coming and cheap. No Beatles, Stones, Cream or the like. Ginger spent a lifetime abusing drugs, alcohol and smoking and still lived to 80. Since I do none of those anymore I should make it to 100.

SeilerBird said:
I never got to see Cream live. From 67 and 68 I was not going to too many concerts, they were coming to me. I was working for a concert promoter and he was too cheap to hire the biggest acts. He got them when they were up and coming and cheap. No Beatles, Stones, Cream or the like. Ginger spent a lifetime abusing drugs, alcohol and smoking and still lived to 80. Since I do none of those anymore I should make it to 100.

Just the opposite. Your organs are not use to adversity so they will be shocked when something untoward happens

SeilerBird said:

The operative part of that phrase might be "anymore"
My doc says the damage was long ago done, and all the stuff going on now is the long ago stuff coming home to roost.
We'll see. I'll be happy to see 80.

LarsMac said:
The operative part of that phrase might be "anymore"
My doc says the damage was long ago done, and all the stuff going on now is the long ago stuff coming home to roost.
We'll see. I'll be happy to see 80.
Well I never did drink or do drugs, my only sin was 30 years of smoking. But I quit many years ago. I am 71 and I will be happy to see 72. ;)

Ginger was active with the Palm Beach Polo Club for quite a while.
In fact, I've heard that he was a driving force in rejuvenating the Polo Grounds years back.

It dawned on me I have never attempted to play along with Ginger on drums so I decided to give Sunshine of Your Love a go. After about a minute I quit and found a drum tutorial for SOYL. I found out why I have never tried to play one of his songs. The man is insanely good. What timing.

Back
Top Bottom