new to slide in campers want info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishaddict2

Hello everyone,  We just purchased a 2006 3500 duramax Chev with  a long box single axle not dually, does anyone have a recomendation for size/length of camper and still pull a boat with just adding a stinger to receiver?

Check out Alpenlite, Host, Arctic Fox and Lance.  All have good units in that range.  If you are going to tow, check out TorkLift for tie downs and their Super Hitch. 

I recently sold my TC but had essentially the same truck as you.  My TC was 9'10'' long and I used the 14" stinger and pulled my boat no problem without having to go to a super-hitch or anything.  But you have to be careful and take good measurements to make sure you have clearance.  If you boat sits too far forward on the tongue you will need a shorter camper.  I do think if you go 9 or 9 1/2' you should be ok.

You can carry a camper up to about 3200 ibs if you add airbags and/or supersprings. I am past president of the North American Truck camper owners association. If you email at [email protected], I will tell you which brands to avoid and give you some more info..

fishaddict2 said:
Hello everyone,   We just purchased a 2006 3500 duramax Chev with  a long box single axle not dually, does anyone have a recomendation for size/length of camper and still pull a boat with just adding a stinger to receiver?

First step is to determine the weight rating of the truck GVWR, GCVWR, and rear axle weight rating the find a camper that will allow you to remain withing the designed weight ratings.  It is important to note that the weight rating of your truck is what you get there are NO after market modifications that will increase the truck weight ratings.

Back
Top Bottom